1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Taxidermist from Yesteryear

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Avianiac, Aug 17, 2007.

1. I recently came from the Bouckville antique show in NY where I had purchased a Circa 1940's Deer Head. As a taxidermist at antique shows, I normally don't give old deer head mounts a second glance unless there is one that is B&C worthy. This one caught my eye for various reasons. The ears were uniformly shaped with full ear butts and appeared as good as earliners on deer mounted today, with no drumming. It appeared to me the cartilage was removed because of the overall thinness of the ears. Secondly, the eye detail musculature detail particularly the overall symmetry was far better than any commercial head I've seen. The mount also incorporated the full shoulder look although much smaller in proportion to todays forms. The mount did not support a panel, but stamped in ink on the backboard read: Wm A. Biedermann Taxidermist Aldan, PA.

Does anyone have information on this Taxidermist? It appears he has had museum training or taxidermy apprenticeship based on the quality of this mount.

2. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Sorry, I haven't heard of him before but I am sure someone will get you the answer. It would be cool to see a photo of it!

take care,

Boxie

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Yes, he has been doing taxidermy for ten years.

4. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Like the caveman says in the commercial......Uh,.. WHAT?