1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy School For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by AZTT, Jul 15, 2020.

1. AZTT

AZTT New Member

We are handling the sale of a taxidermy school. It encompasses 1 full acre of commercial property and buildings within City limits, a vehicle, all tools and materials, and a lovely home. Please, only those genuinely interested in purchasing a business venture respond. We can be reached at (928) 358-0809 for more information.

2. DanielH

DanielH New Member

I called you several times, but none answered me. Can you PM me?

3. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

be careful :)

4. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

THEY ASK FOR YOUR SOCIAL AND A CARD NUMBER

msestak likes this.
  5. 15pt

15pt Active Member

Alabama
    Need picture of lovely home

msestak likes this.
  6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Arizona phone #. Show pictures of your listing. Make an effort to sell it. You haven't shown any business venture to be interested in. Ball is still in your court.

msestak likes this.
  7. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

smells like a scam.

8. AZTT

AZTT New Member

For those not actually knowing anything about the sale of the taxidermy school, feel free to contact them directly at (480) 882-8330. The phone we tried to use instead of their direct number so as not disturb their present operations, is in fact, broken. This is not in an way a scam of any kind - the owners have health problems which now constitutes them making this sale. Sorry to have disappointed the conspiracy theorists, but this is as legitimate as it gets. The home could be included in the sale, as it was asked for by an already interested buyer who wanted a turn key package, but is still working on his financing. All offers are being considered until this transaction legally closes.

9. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

A new member with no name, address or contact information comes on here and makes a post written with questionable grammar and use of certain words in English, to sell an unidentified taxidermy school, giving a phone number that doesn’t work while making assurance that all information regarding the sale can be acquired through the non-working number posted, now comes on with the same type of English (not like a native speaker) talking sarcastically and critically of others who posted reservations and telling us this is as legitimate as it gets. You have got to be kidding! Even if this turns out to be a legitimate deal, only an idiot would think it could possibly be so based on the information provided and the means by which it was presented. The post is definitely not professional and has no appearance of legitimacy. The onus is on the writer of the post to do so in a manner that fosters confidence and to factually communicate with the reader.

wa, msestak, tem and 3 others like this.
  10. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

ditto, what mike said

msestak likes this.
  11. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

It seems to me if someone were wanting to sell their taxidermy school why wouldn't they just list it themselves? They know there is a very limited market and this site here would be the most logical to list it. But then again, what do I know?!

Westcoast and msestak like this.
  12. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

You still have not posted one word of anything to interest anyone. No address, no location, NO PHOTOS! Nothing at all. Real estate listings are childishly simple to copy and paste. No one is interested in phone numbers.

You claim you are handling the sale? Really? Personally, your skills as a salesman are 0 and the owners will be dead and buried before you get anyone interested in talking to you.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  13. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

For some one handling the sale you haven't done CHIT.

msestak likes this.
  14. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

If this is a real estate agent handling this its got to be some slip shot firm.

msestak likes this.
  15. bowelk

bowelk Member

i don't normally speak up on things here, but i do enjoy the knowledge gained, banter, and yes at times, the drama. This time i believe some people have overstepped their bounds. One of my best friends Wayne and his wife Tracie know the parties involved here. Wayne used to be neighbors with the owners, and they all still attend the same church. He knows the guy getting roasted here is related to the owners somehow. He is an investment banker type and handles their 401ks, investments, etc. He had already brought several buyers to the owners, but they were for purchasing of the properties only. The owners want to find someone who will keep the school open because they believe it brings value to their community. The Banker guy knows nothing about taxidermy but agreed to check into it. He and the owners called 4 taxidermists and 1 answered. A young man they talked to suggested the owners put an ad here on taxidermy net. The taxidermist came to the school on his day off and made the username and password for them to get on the site and wrote the ad for them. The banker had already been gone for the airport to pick up a husband and wife who had flown in from CA to see the property. When he brought them to the school the owners sent him home because of an emergency. The banker confirmed that he had gotten a text from his wife and was making the 3.5 trip back to Phoenix. The banker came home to find his daughter had been killed by a driver running a red light. For those of us who live here in AZ, there are 3 things that happen all too often. 1. babies, toddlers, and tykes are found dead at the bottom of swimming pools 2. pets and more babies are found dead in locked up cars in 117 degree heat 3. and people die regularly from idiots running red lights. There are even sites online detailing a lot of these intersections. I used to work for a utility company before i retired that did traffic signals and installed intersection cameras to catch them. So just to recap, the banker and owners did nothing wrong in my opinion. A taxidermist wrote and placed the ad for owners who are not social media people but he did so in good faith. I've read their first post multiple times and it still reads to me as just an ad. And just because someone makes a 1st post, and you don't like it, does that somehow make them a villain? And by the way a father is burying a daughter today! God Bless!

KH Taxidermy, Robert Baker and kojak like this.
  16. Robert Baker

Robert Baker Member

Hey Bowelk,

I don't think anyone was being specifically malicious in their responses. I don't normally respond to these types of posts either but in this case... You have to look at it from the readers perspective. They could see it was a brand new account that posted the ad. The ad by the way which had a phone number that did not work; no pictures; etc. etc. etc. Posts like these happen all the time either to troll a forum or as a means of phishing for peoples information. People did try to call and respond and did not receive answers. I didn't respond to the post but initially said to myself that it was an obvious scam.

I'm sorry for their loss and respect the fact that they are trying to keep the school open and not just liquidate it.

Robert

17. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

With all due respect, you have gone out of your way to give background information that could have been given from the beginning, and with what you have explained (with information) the reader can to a degree understand the situation and I for one, as one who has lost a daughter myself, send my condolences and will be in prayer for the family.

With regard to the article about the sale, however, you need to understand that scammers are on this site continuously. Many people on here have been taken for a lot of money, so much so that we now have a category dedicated exclusively commenting positively and negatively about buyers and sellers. You stated that this was a friend who was just helping this family out, but the post says the person posting is handling the sale of the business and property. The original post implies something very different than what you describe.

The keys to watch for on this forum and any other, a seller without a name or contact information, a seller without name or contact information selling on behalf of another unnamed and unidentified party, no verifiable information about what is being sold or it's location, and incorrect (fake) contact info, irregular use of certain words (which can be a sign of a foreigner using a translator program). The original post had every earmark of a scam. The other regular sign of a scammer is for the maker of the original post, when questioned or challenged with regard to authenticity of said post, gets defensive and critical of anyone who dares question the veracity of the post without offering one single shred of information to clarify or validate the legitimacy of the post.

In your remarks, you took issue with people for being suspicious and questioning, but you were at least tactful. Do keep in mind though that YOU KNEW THE BACKGROUND OF THE WHOLE STORY. No one else did. I can assure you this, no investment banker, investor, or business man I know (the head of one of the nation's largest business brokers is a good friend of mine) would have ever responded to such an ad and definitely would not have written an ad like that.

Again, under the circumstances (which we were all unaware of) I do feel for the family and the person who was trying to help, but to criticize the people of this forum for not trusting and being suspicious of a post that had no basis whatsoever to be trusted is not fair. It would have taken an extra 10 seconds to provide enough detail in the first post to provide a little legitimacy, and of course correct information would have helped.