1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Power Washer Deer Cape?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Marvtaxidermy, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Marvtaxidermy

Marvtaxidermy Member

Want to try the power washer on cape. I understand for deer need to use 2700 - 3000 psi? What nozzel would I need? The washer that I am looking at has 0, 20, 40 deg nozzels.

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Go to Tractor Supply and purchase a rotary nozzle. The tip you have will not work.

3. Marvtaxidermy

Marvtaxidermy Member

What is the advantage of the rotating nozzle?
    Thanks

4. 15pt

15pt Active Member

Alabama
    Just as Joey said. You can get one at any hardware store.

5. joeym

The rotary, or turbo nozzle whirls the water at a phenomenal rate, creating a cutting force. Once you use one, you'll understand. Buy a nozzle that has a comparable PSI to your pressure washer. I use a 4500 psi unit, so that's the minimum rated turbo nozzle I can purchase. Word of caution, always wear heavy rubber gloves when using a rotary nozzle. If the water hits your hand, you will sit down and cry!!! It's very painful, and can take off a finger nail in a split second.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  6. Marvtaxidermy

Marvtaxidermy Member

alabamagobbler likes this.
  7. Marvtaxidermy

Marvtaxidermy Member

Thanks joeym for the warning, but sounds like you would recommend the Power Washer. I always beam out the cape on on a large PVC pipe, the older I get that is getting to be a lot of work. Thanks

8. joeym

I’ve been pressure washing capes for over 20 years. I beam as a last resort.