1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Yes, Another Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pir^2h, Jul 31, 2020.

1. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I just had to post this one about shipping. I orders a few manikins from Research Manikins. They came from the Illinois location. The box measures 19"L x 30"W x 10"H. Weight, maybe twenty pounds give or take a pound or two. Shipping charge: $26.69. I could hardly believe it when I saw this. I was expecting a shipping charge of at least $70.00 for these items plus several other small things I ordered. Now, without naming the place in North Carolina (and we all know who I am talking about) I can guarantee this same box would have been double plus if not triple the price in shipping fees.

The funny thing is the warehouse in North Carolina is half the distance or less! The box came UPS, same as would have been shipped from NC. This is why I only order from the place in NC if the item isn't available elsewhere. Who is making a profit on shipping to pad their bottom line? Well, it isn't Research.

By the way, since I am only a hobbyist I don't have anyone to unload the shipping charges on!

IMG_2943.JPG IMG_2944.JPG

2. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

I had a 5" size ls bear and fox and some other stuff sent from their OR location, as the bear was only available to ship from there, so I told them to just send everything from one location. Sent fedex. I think was like 55.00, and I am on the east coast!

3. Dannynewman

Dannynewman Well-Known Member

Rinehart charges $40 for a box that size