1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Frankenfish

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Jimmy Potter, Aug 18, 2020.

1. This is my 3rd mount, 2nd LMB, and thought I'd attempt a carved body and open mouth cast head. There's too many flaws to point out so I'll let the viewer admire them :) Driftwood and lure thrown together so I could snap a quick pic. It was challenging to say the least, but I've learned a ton from this forum. Hat's off to the real pros!

bass.jpeg

ARUsher, slabbandit and Wally Gator like this.
  2. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Just remember every world champion started where you are ,trial and failures are where you learn the most,that bass isn't to bad for just starting out.

light and Jimmy Potter like this.

3. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Most of us started out at the zero mark. The best advice for carving your own forms is to carve the body before you skin the fish. All the measurements, contours and thicknesses are in front of you. It will speed up the learning curve as a flexible tape and pair of cheap calipers will get you there

Cory and Jimmy Potter like this.
  4. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

Hats off to you I will never attempt a fish. I know my limits and I’m too old to correct my bad habits.

Jimmy Potter likes this.