1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ls Bighorn Skin

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by jimss, Aug 19, 2020.

1. jimss

jimss Active Member

It's sheep season and I still have the LS skin from the bighorn ram I harvested around a year ago. If anyone needs a great ram LS skin let me know. I originally had the price at $2,800 but would like to get it out of my freezer to someone at a price we both agree upon. It will make a gorgeous mount!

2. jimss

jimss Active Member

Here's a photo of my ram. I've had several guys interested but it's still available. It's a gorgeous ram and LS skin! Coloram2019aemail.jpg

3. jimss

jimss Active Member

I'm lowering the price of my ram to $2,300. Hopefully I can get it to someone that can really use it!
    Jim

4. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

Jim - I can offer you 1800 in raw state, since its average size ram with shorter hair and dorsal cut . Sent you Pm to that fact.., It would cost another 250 /300 MORE to ship since its raw by FED EX Air in this 100 degree temperatures and then prepped by a professional taxidermist , take out the feet , split and salt and etc which would be 300 to 400 more. Dave

5. mmt

mmt Member

Hi-
    I am interested. I will be in Denver next week, can offer $1800 and could possibly pickup if you are interested.

6. Robert Baker

Robert Baker Active Member

Just a heads up (unless they've changed the law), if that cape is in Colorado its illegal to sell:
    • Bighorn sheep, bighorn sheep capes
    in Colorado (even for taxidermy purposes). You can call (303) 291-7227 to verify.

Robert

7. jimss

jimss Active Member

I am about 99% sure you are wrong about selling bighorn sheep capes in Colo! Any ram that has been legally harvested and plugged is legal to sell!

8. Robert Baker

Robert Baker Active Member

I copied my information from a hunting site. I even provided the phone number to call that was posted alongside the article.

(OR)

You could read this section taken right from Colorado Parks & Wildlife.

Violations That Are Felony Offenses
    • Killing and abandoning big game wildlife. Taking big game, removing only the hide, antlers, or other trophy parts and leaving the carcass in the field.

• Selling, purchasing, or offering to sell or purchase big game.

• Soliciting someone to illegally take big game for commercial gain or providing outfitting services without required registration.
    If convicted of these violations, you may face a life-time hunting license suspension in Colorado.

A simple phone call would let you know for sure.

Robert

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  9. It’s legal as long as everything was properly done before selling upload_2020-9-23_16-14-33.jpeg

Robert Baker likes this.
  10. jimss

jimss Active Member

I send them frozen on a Monday and they arrive in a couple days. I insulate the box and send with insurance for around $50 to just about anywhere in the lower 48. I appreciate those that have been interested. I plan on staying close to the $2,300 price. I sold my son's LS bighorn 2 seasons ago for over $3,000 so $2,300 is a bargain!

Robert Baker likes this.