1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nitrile Gloves

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by countrycritter, Aug 20, 2020.

1. countrycritter

countrycritter Active Member

Texas
    i use nitrile gloves at my shop on almost everything I do. I used to be able to get them from harbor freight for $5 a box of 100. After the covid scare hit I had to order off of internet for $81 for a case of 1000 gloves. Just checked site where I got my last case from and the freaking price was $233 for a case of the same gloves I paid $81 for in June. Talk about price gouging!

magicmick, msestak and Lance.G like this.
  2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Yup, I was buying them at SamsClub for $16/400 gloves....now they cannot be found at SamsClub. My wife bought me 2 boxes from WalMart.com. You might try looking there.

magicmick and msestak like this.

3. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Attached Files:

4. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

The sign at the harbor freight here had a sign where the gloves used to be. Due to Covid 19 and the need for gloves we’ve had to raise the price. Uh no you didn’t!!!

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Yet you're still afraid to raise your prices. SMH EVERYTHING has gone up in price and now that China has been put in its place, you can damned well rest assured prices are going even higher now that American businesses are being forced to retool.

Protective gloves are simply the price of doing business and should be passed along to your clients. Before I retired, I NEVER bought the cheap gloves. I bought surgical/exam quality gloves from Supreno that ran $20 a 100 5 years ago. They were strong but most of all, very thin so that I could feel the oil glands in the eye lashes or that tidbit of flesh still remaining on the lips. I went through 2 or 3 pairs a day at best but I lived in them when I was in the shop. They were superb at keeping beaver castor or skunk scent out of the pores of my skin. Once you use a pair of quality nitrile gloves you'll never go back to those thick cheap things.

6. countrycritter

Texas
    I looked in my u line book yesterday but didn't see those. I'll check again. Thanks.
    George my prices are at 600 & up. I have no problem charging customers extra for quality materials. What I have a problem with is overpaying three times the price of what it was just a few short months ago.

msestak and pir^2h like this.
  7. countrycritter

Texas
    IMG_1993.PNG Just checked.

msestak likes this.
  8. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I use the Large size and they do have those in stock but they have been substituted and cost $24 per box with NO quantity discount. Good thing i have 8 boxes left......
    Uline Lg Nitrile.png

9. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

dont forget to check the local drug stores. you could also make a doctors appointment and fill a pocket or two if you are completely out :)

livbucks and countrycritter like this.
  10. It's a global shortage ,i'm glade it's only a hobby for me :)

msestak likes this.
  11. countrycritter

Texas
    I finally found some 5 mil gloves for $150 a case. Salesman said his prices go up by 7% every 2 weeks.

12. msestak

a 200.00 case of ammo is now 500 or more. everything is going up

13. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Have you priced porkchops, ribeyes, eggs, or peanut butter? Three months ago could but a box of qualityv9mm rounds for about $12. Yesterday on "Cheaper Than Dirt", that same box of ammo was listed at $58.95. I'll just bet you bitched about your grocery bill skyrocketing. I did. But until you accept it, you're just going to have to deal with it.

Robert Baker and msestak like this.
  14. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

I was in Basspro Saturday to buy some circle hooks. They only had 10% of the hooks they normally have. Many shelves empty. It was like trying to find toilet paper back in the spring.

msestak likes this.
  15. msestak

must be missing all those imports from China.

16. desertfox505

desertfox505 New Member

I think it is also related to the fact that many people now wear gloves in everyday life because of the virus. Well everything is changing nowadays

msestak likes this.
  17. msestak

i dont wear gloves. i wear a mask because i dont want to cause trouble in the stores. its the only place i wear one. i have gone out to eat, haircuts, two massages, family gatherings, and NO VIRUS.

just wash your hands.