1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month In Fish Pictures "fall Edition" September/ October 2020!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

A warm welcome from Hinsdale NH! I hope all is well and you’re staying safe and are healthy! Just got back from a UTA sponsored workshop in Campti Louisiana during the Hurricane Laura. The folks are brave and welcoming even in the path of a hurricane! I hope all the good folks of the damage stricken areas are doing ok and things are getting better!

There will better times to come once again as they will be here soon! I have talked to so many folks in the industry and learned of stories of folks dealing with it all! The important thing is to remember that we are resourceful and filled with ingenuity! This skill gives us an opportunity to ready ourselves for the opening of the country and the world. Stay positive, keep creating and working hard and take a moment to call a friend or text someone you care about!

Over the past decade’s a wealth of contributors and many great folks who take time to share in this great tradition! We all begin somewhere and all the learning and work hard that goes into the pursuit at being is what makes us the fish artists we become

Why so we share your work!!!!! This tradition of the Month in Fish Pictures has always been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show their work without criticism and hard comments! So, let’s remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get too involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! Inspiration in what we share is part of the friendliness and positive observations of fans of fish work. This is a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration other with your work regardless of your skill level as a fish taxidermist or Fishcarver!

You’re here reading because you want to be inspired to be the best Fishhead you can be! Always be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for joining me each month for each installment of the Bi-Monthly in Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first-hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

A BIG thank all the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

All levels of artists are welcome!!!! From beginners to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle-free string with nothing more than great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of September with a blast from the past! This old Fishhead from the early 1980’s

Can’t wait to see your beautiful fish work this segment! See you in November! Be “SAFE” and be kind to one another!

Summer is still here! Enjoy the Fall!!

My Best

Rick Krane

www.AnglersArtistry.com

Old freind Rick Krane in the early 1980's Rick 1980's.jpg

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

From the 1970's

:)

Kerby... tbt-67.jpg

3. lapoisse

lapoisse Active Member

France
    Here is my first fish that I tried to prepare (the technique, I had found it in a fishing magazine, and since I did not have much money, the eyes were that of a teddy bear), in 1983, I was 15 years old, I was disappointed with the result, so I tried to improve myself and I always continue to want to do better...
    [​IMG]

4. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

I remember being amazed at all the pike heads on the barn door of my grandpas place when I was a boy, I still have his Northwestern School of Taxidermy 1922 diploma.

JL and Kerby Ross like this.
  5. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

4471F16E-BC3B-49A7-BC1C-1C72E1118FE7.jpeg FC6CFDEB-16BD-4C41-ACAE-79122C619913.jpeg Altered arp repro brown
    And a skinmount smallie

6. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Mud bat
    Add some heat to those fins and put the natural bends in them
    Nice paint

7. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

I did before i sent them out.

8. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

My god I hate doing browns! Skinmount. My own fins but the paired. Altered arp head I had laying around.
    9320B137-A653-4478-A131-B5D73A85D9D0.jpeg

Logan Woodruff, ARUsher, JE and 5 others like this.
  9. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

My first attempt at doing a sailfish. 71 inch new wave repo .
    Tommy 20200903_090942.jpg

10. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Ocean run buck coho.
    Rather altered arp blank.
    94DDCD23-AA1A-40B7-9E20-61C165DAF514.jpeg