1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Chemical Containers; Which Are Best?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Buff42, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Buff42

Buff42 New Member

For strong acids and bases what is the best containers to go with? I’m looking for some kind of jug of no specific style but just curious as to what plastic is best. Polypropylene(PE), High density Polypropylene(HDPE), Polymethylpentene(PMP), maybe just stick with glass?

2. Buff42

Buff42 New Member

Also heard about PTFE(Teflon) lined containers? But other than hearing about them I pretty much know nothing about it other than I use PTFE for threading and stretching piercings haha

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Different containers for different things. I find that paint buckets are the most versatile. Look for those, and other containers, that have a 2 on the bottom inside a triangle. Strong acids and bases are not really used in this field so I do not know what you are using/trying to accomplish. Detergents and solvents are used most often. Strong peroxides are also used. All are fine in 5 gallon or larger paint approved containers.

Buff42 likes this.
  4. Buff42

Buff42 New Member

Appreciate the input! Was curious for a few other applications as well not just for stuff done here but I got my answer anyways I’ll just be sticking to glass and polypropylene containers