1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ads, Pop Ups & Errors

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Buff42, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Buff42

Buff42 New Member

Love this site and it is quite helpful!! But who is the owner? Are there any mods/admins? I’ve been getting site crashes every other day or so with 10+ errors, as well I keep get pop up and ads like saying “you are the 5 millionth person to visit the site! Click here to collect prize!” And others like it constantly. Though I am on my iPhone. Is there any talk of fixing these issues? Makes me nervous to use it on my laptop.. Anything we can do? I know regular on site ads are to benefit from the revenue which is why I don’t mind seeing “ways I can empty my Bowels for 60+” haha but are there wholesale/vendor fees? possibly an option to donate? Or monthly fee for no ads?
    F0F76279-76C9-4523-942F-AD969ACE4327.png

msestak likes this.
  2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I’m getting the same thing , I’ve been the 5 billionth google searcher like 20 times . I just clear it and start over but it is a pain in the azz

msestak and Buff42 like this.

3. Buff42

Buff42 New Member

Like wise but definitely just shouldn’t be happening in general on a used site. May even be deterring new hobbyists or professionals alike

msestak likes this.
  4. Robert Baker

Robert Baker Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.. I dont get popups at all and only get a small taxidermy related ad (most of the time in the top right corner of the page). Install a popup blocker or use the one built into a lot of the browsers. If you have an antivirus suite installed (and you should) most of them come with an even better popup blocker than the browsers do. Not too hard to eliminate.

Robert

msestak and Buff42 like this.