1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

An Open Letter to Bill Haynes, Frankie Thompson, and any other PAST NTA Pres.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Aug 18, 2007.

1. margip

margip Member

It's Gipson there russ, and no I don't have an agenda with the NTA. Don't need to join any clubs either. See you in November at Johnny's place for the muley hunt.

2. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

i wont be there in november mark, my trip is in early december for lions, i wish i could afford to muley hunt out there with ya, i never have and would love to have one, wasnt trying to offend, that is just how your statements came off, its hard to read "tone" on the forum, have you talked with johnny lately, he is having a rough go of things, it may impact our "hunting" opportunitys.

3. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

TAXI-VENT.....So we let our opinions be heard, we vent, we disagree from time to time, we try for change, and we campain. It appears as though you cant beat the system. If the leadership doesnt listen, or dont care, you cant vote them out, is there a point to all this? I know this all keeps us entertained, and maybe thats all it is suppose to do. What next? Is there a direction out there? Who leads the membership?
    Dan

4. Geno

Geno New Member

Just thinking outloud but would someone place a poll as to were The NTA stands in the merit order with the NFL,MLB,NASCAR and Imus.

5. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Re: An Open Letter to Bill Haynes, Frankie Thompson, and any other PAST NTA Pres

George,

Welcome back! That certainly was a fiery letter. And although this may break with the reason you started this thread.... now that we know WHY you weren't here, how about details- how did the hunt go?

Have a great weekend.

Terry

6. hey George did you get the bear ? any pics

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

The whole story is under "Where's George" posting and I'll try to get some photos of the skinny bear on later.

8. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

George, you DO have a way with words, LMAO, I'll have to remember that one :D
    Welcome back!

9. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

Bill, IF the board passed the suspension policy in it's current form, I will look forward to seeing it in the minutes. I gather that the board also passed a by-law change to Article VI, section 5- Removal from office because in the current form, I see nothing about 30 days notice, legal counsel, etc.

10. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

Mr Bill,  There should be a way to inform the membership of what is going on. This taxinet appears to be the best way. When contracts appear to be rushed through a month before the general meeting, when so many could have an input, along with so many other things, it makes people start to question what is going on. I know it would save time in the meeting, but that is what meetings are for. Then you post "this will be your last response" so I cant get answers other than call you, but others need to see why. anyone sticking up for the NTA will get crucified if they post here, thats been proven. But, you get on here to fight George, how about fighting for your position as to why things are done. If we dont like it too bad, at least we have your reasons. and the board members should be posting, and defending the NTA. people will listen to whoever does the talking. It looks like the leadership is willing to lead it right down the sewer so they dont have to inform the membership of of upcoming votes, or get opinions on things. just my thoughts,
        Dan
    like the post above, there is an explanation, like it or not. thank you.

11. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

OK Bill, I'm confused. first of all why are you a new member? Why didn't you post under NTAHQ like some of your other post. Since you keep beating me over the head with your amnesia comments, my point was this; The first part of the post was what I remember hearing. The second part that has all the reasons for removal reeks of the same redundancy as Frankie's Bylaws changes. That's the part I don't remember. First of all there weren't any motions that were worded that lengthy. Until you let me listen to the motion "On Tape" I don't believe it. That's not amnesia Cindy or Greg or Bill or who ever you are. That just means "I don't believe it" The way you come on here and blast Me and others while you and Frankie run the NTA like it's your own little party is really comical. You talk about NTA bashing and you throw fuel on the fire. Why don't you wake up and figure out that the only reason there are NTA malcontents is because of the unethical and illegal way that you have conducted NTA business. I have question for you Bill. When you sent the letter out that tried to discredit Brenda and I, who paid for it? Was it part of your $1000 discretionary fund? When you and Frankie went to the world show, Who paid for it? I don't remember the board approving of funds for you to go. Is that amnesia or was that your $1000 discretionary fund?
    Is it ethical for a standing President to use members money to attempt to discredit people that were running against your Pals in the election? How many times can a President spend the same money? When you spend it is it just replenished? Does Robert's Rules of order provide for taking a mail in vote on a "Ten year contract" with absolutely no discussion? Is it Ethical to form a contract Committee to develop a contract when you and Frankie already had a contract, and had already negotiated the contract with Greg? That is in your own chronology that was posted on the NTA website. Too bad some of your buddies on the board either can't read or didn't want to take the time to read it. Remember that issue that caused two board members to resign. I and others tried to make the NTA an organization we can all be proud of. An organization that is a true voice for all taxidermists. I think as long as your group retains power it will not change. Many have tried. Looks to me like mission impossible. I tried to stay out of the fray, but because I answered one persons question, you choose to try and humiliate me on this forum. People are not afraid of George. I argued to excess with him when I believed he was wrong. Now, he is right. If you don't start listening to him and the other members, we will lose this once great organization we all love.

12. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

Now you guys have done it! Beware the wrath of the sinking ship. It's really a shame that a few people are trying so hard to control an organization that is supposed to be about the members. Tony - they don't want it to change, it's the only thing they have to make them important and the center of the limelight. I commend all those who have tried and failed to make this a better association and to make it something to be proud of. Unfortunately, they have failed and as long as the people, who are at the helm stay there, there won't be any change.

How is it that the latest member is Bill Haynes? Wasn't bill on here before and could barely put a paragraph and now he is writing all these great verses? Kind of makes you wonder what's in the woodpile????

13. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    i think theres a weasel in the wood pile

14. Kim Owens

Ok Bill, so what you're saying is the board voted to get rid of due process. What the board decides is final- there is no innocent until proven guilty. It's wham,bam, thank you ma'am- you're outta here?

15. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

Im not worried about conspiracy, but what i am pissed about is a man who can tell us to our face you didnt push thru the ed contract, and then in a recent post boast of how you and frankie got it done, and now there is nothing we can do about it, you seen the movie titanic i hope, well that statement is where the water sealed all exits, and you are now are your way down i am afraid, I was a proud member of the NTA, however i dont know what my future brings, and as i have heard said you wont miss one member out of your 2000 or so, ponder this, if 800 to 1000 members feel as i do, and leave your "beloved organization", where will your boys' money come from then, with an income cut in half, where will you be able to get this organization to in the future, No where is the answer we will never hear from your mouth because you wont admitt, that it takes money to make money. The only way you will make money is with change, there will be change in the future, but not the kind your counting on im afraid.

16. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Well Bill, I see your revisionist history is still in overdrive. To even EQUATE the comedic caricature you present with Mike Kirkhart or Larry Blomquist has to be an insult to their moral fibers. Tell me about guys like Charlie Haynes, Joe Bruchac, Charlie Fleming, Tim Kelly, Sam Touchstone, and Ralph Garland. I knew and know those men and Bill Haynes won't ever be able to be more than a footman to those people.

I suppose you're right in your remark about my vocabulary. Somehow, I never equated a vote differential of 65 to having been "trounced". Especially when only 650 people voted out of 2200 eligibles. And that was without me ever sending out a mailing campaigni. I actually thought it was pretty close considering that had I simply spent $3500, I could have purchased enough memberships for my family and bought the election. (You do recall, I would hope, that I only ran one time and that you ran against Dan Rinehart the last time?) As far as your trying to wear a robe of being a "Southern hillbilly", that sure brought the house down in my hometown of Lexington, South Carolina, home of Maurice Bessinger's Piggy Park Barbecue chain and the same guy who took his desire to fly the Confederate battle flag 24 hours a day to the supreme court and won. If you want to play Stars and Bars, your living about 40 miles south (latitudinally) from me hardly makes "Southern" a viable term. And you have to live IN the hills to be a hillbilly. I don't recall seeing any more mountains around Peachtree City than I do Columbia, SC. I suppose being called the president of the NTA is one of your life-long ambitions and you think it carries some societal nobility. If it did, you've shot the hell out of that notion quickly enough. How can you threaten to usurp the Constitutional rights of American citizens by censuring what we say. As a 501(c)6 organization, you're listed as a PUBLIC organization and last time I checked, "public" figures exempt themselves from slander and libel where constituants resort to emotional name calling. (You know, Like Slick Willy and Peanut Carter and "W" or "junior" as Cecil likes to call the current President?) I don't "claim" to be an author any more that I'd claim to be honest. That's a word others use in their description of me and not one I'd waste time on trying to embellish the credentials of a TAXIDERMIST.

I can't believe you stooped so low as to inflect that the Taxidermy Net has some role in the condition of the NTA. Let me see here. Right at this exact moment, the Taxidermy Net lists 8410 members including the last one, YOU!. The NTA has about 2000 members of which, after your fiasco, perhaps that number will be diminishing. Perhaps Ken should consider some legal actions there in that you make those implications against him and Bill Yox and Rick Carter by their association with this forum. I could have used more demonstrably descriptive adjectives over "stupid", but I chose to give you some benefit of the doubt.

It takes gall to call ME a bully. With the role you've played in the last two years! Just how many times did you illegally dismiss legal motions put before the board. How many times did you set impossible deadlines for votes by tying them to postmarks or arrival at NTA headquarters? How many times did you, in violation of your oath and the NTA bylaws completely disregard the mandates of the board? Tell us how you managed to insult ever NTA member west of the Mississippi last year by implying that the convention "lost" money simply by their hosting a convention there? Tell all these people how, when a viable and legal document/contract was being prepared, YOU told us that it was not acceptable and you saw nothing wrong with the contract (that none of us who'd been assigned the job knew about) that was "already in place"? People who know me, know that in person, I'm the farthest thing in the world from being a bully. But YOU SIR, are going to have one helluva time denying your ACTIONS at being a bully.

You pious entreaty that you "DID not quit in the face of adversity" is a true statement. What you don't reveal, however, is that the only adversity was CAUSED BY YOUR OWN INEPTNESS and not the actions of others.

After your silly posting, you still haven't answered the prime question: If the NTA is in fiscal disrepair, what kind of logic are you using in threatening to threaten dismissal of dues paying members? This contract you seem so proud of, how do you intend to meet its obligations when you well dries up? If it truly IS a board decision that was passed unanimously, then they're as dumb as you are. This organization is in serious trouble. Is there already a motion to further squander money placed in those interest bearing accounts that support things like the Charlie Fleming Fund or the Life Membership Account?

Here's the real deal and your "legacy" if you want it. By your own words, the Billings convention "lost money". By the observations of many, the Louisville Convention was a bust. It is reported that the Texas association has refused to fund TERF and next years convention is slated to be held in Lubbock TEXAS. What happens if everyone shows up at Kim Owen's house for a party instead of going to the convention? Have you no sense of reasoning? How much more damage can your "legacy" bring with it?

I've had several calls this morning remarking how there seemed to be two authors with your name affixed to them. One seemed to have been ghostwritten while the other was typical. Will the real Bill Haynes stand up?

17. EX-NTA

EX-NTA New Member

Dear Bill,

The new NTA Policy, according to your first post hear says, "Any individual (including Officers and Board Members)", which means you are not exempt. If one of the goals of the NTA is to increase it's membership then you, as the President, should know that going on a public forum and calling a member of that organization "street bully " leader of a gang is obviously disruptive.

Directive #3 of the new policy says, "3. Without limitation, for any conduct disruptive of the orderly operation of the NTA in pursuit of its goals."

As you are obviously in violation of your new rule, I assume that your donduct will be dealt with through the BO.

In your post earlier you said, (speaking of George) "As a self proclaimed author, essayist, and writer, you can sum up your vast knowledge of adjectives to just one word-- stupid." Since, obviously, George has never "self proclaimed" to be the things that you said your statement is patently false and is in direct violation to directive #$ of the new policy which says, "4. For willingly making false statements or misrepresentations about the NTA or any of its representatives." As George is still a member of the NTA and your admittance of him having over 3400 posts on this forum certainly demonstrates that you believe he represents the NTA, you are in violation of this policy also.

And, Bill, we all remember when you tried to go undercover on this site under the title of "Wilhelm" thinking that no one would realize that that was "William" or "Bill" in German. By my count that makes at least 4 accounts that you've used on here, 1. your original that you stated you closed, 2. Wilhelm, 3. NTAHQ, and 4. Bill Haynes (your new one.) By lying to cover up your other aliases, one could say that you are being dishonest and that dishonesty should be a "good cause" for the removal of a president. You are in violation of rule #6. "Or for any other good cause."

As a Life Family Member of the NTA, I call upon the NTA BOD to expell Bill Haynes based on the three aforementioned violations to the New NTA Policy. Besides the fact that he just plain "Stupid".

Thank you for your consideration,
    Wade Esplin

PS: Bill, I still haven't received a copy of the expenses I requested regarding yourself and Frankie Thompson from the World Show. I assume that it is "in the mail".

18. Kim Owens

Oh- and what a party it will be! Of course, George, you have a standing invitation! It will be a 'Taxi-net' party!

19. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

I don't know whether Bill is going to answer, he has his hands full bailing.

20. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

Greg,
    He has control of the vote of the BOD. As I posted earlier, they can vote to keep any (leaders), and vote to remove any (malcontents). But the membership voted to keep things the way they are. So now what?
    Dan