1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Colorado Taxidermy Association

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Robert Baker, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Robert Baker

Robert Baker Well-Known Member

Does Colorado's association even still exist? I filled out the membership form and sent in the check well over a month ago and have heard nothing -- not a peep from them.

I'm beginning to think its just a good ole boys club and maybe they get together for a beer once in awhile but to ignore new members seem plain stupid.

Oh well -- not necessary to belong to an association anyways.

Are any of your state organizations active?

Robert

2. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Did you call some of the top members ,sure most of them have a shop number,Jeff mouring might help also.

3. Robert Baker

I tried calling the one I sent the check to and left a message never got a call back. Honestly Im not a big "I need to belong to something" kind of person. I can take it or leave it. I was more wondering if it was a defunct group or if the state associations were something people participate in. I'll look up Jeff.

Thanks Rich.

Robert

4. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Yes state association s are a great learning tool,go to there conventions and there's alot of info to learn there

Robert Baker likes this.
  5. Robert Baker

Thank you for the input guys! Nice to know they are worth joining.. =)

Robert

Kerby Ross likes this.
  6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

They had a show last year and have a facebook page. You can contact them there or post on their page and get responses.

:)

Kerby...

Robert Baker likes this.
  7. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

in the past there definetly was good old boys clubs... especially when it came to competitions.. guys that won too much were black balled by in house unqualified judges

Big Cat and Robert Baker like this.
  8. Westcoast

Westcoast Well-Known Member

I’d give everything more time. COVID screwed up a lot of things and slowed everything way down. Just my two cents

Robert Baker likes this.
  9. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

COVID may have messed up a lot of things but not the postal service or internet. Over a month with no word and then no word after sending a message still. How long could that take for a simple reply?

Robert Baker likes this.
  10. Westcoast

Westcoast Well-Known Member

I’m just saying that many organizations are using it as an excuse. Where I am located, the postal service is all kinds of backed up. My states organization seems to be on hold as well and has canceled their functions

Robert Baker likes this.