1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Slab Of Wood

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by drwalleye, Sep 8, 2020.

1. drwalleye

drwalleye Member

I have a customer who caught a 31" walleye and he wants it on a oval slab of wood with the bark on it. I found one at hobby lobby its close to 2' long but it seems too small for this fish. does anyone know where I can get these that may be big enough for a larger fish. Thanks

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

You can usually find a local cabinet maker to be able to make you one.

3. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I thought lake country sold them

drwalleye likes this.
  4. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I might be a little late to help you as I just saw your post. I have bought several "bark-edge" panels when I was going full bore and this guy always had what I was looking for. He has slabs as long as 72 inches long. He's still in business as I called him before making this post.
    Here's the information. Natures Beauty Wood Slabs 860 East Kneeland Road, Mio Michigan 48647. Tel# 989-848-2806. Sometimes hard to reach by phone so keep trying or send a letter. He has top quality products.JL

5. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Frank, few local woodworkers have "bark-edged" wood available but I just posted a company that has them. I've bought from them and they're great people to work with.

John C and Frank E. Kotula like this.
  6. drwalleye

drwalleye Member

thankyou I did find one at hobby lobby that was around 2 feet long but I will definitely keep this number for the future