1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Talk

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 13 point, Sep 9, 2020.

1. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

CCEEA7E8-15E5-4D59-99A2-200BF54593BE.png looks like a new Taxidermy sight starting up , anyone see it . Post away let’s see what it’s about, competition is great for all .

msestak and Robert Baker like this.
  2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I stay in enough trouble here!

3. 13 point

Come on guys and gals be some of the originals to post your opinions and mounts

4. 15pt

15pt Active Member

Alabama
    I dont think it's new, just nobody post on it. First add I saw was from 2018. This site would be good if any topic not taxidermy related was removed and add some moderators.

pir^2h likes this.
  5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I belong to it and the forum went down, I think last year. They quit doing the forum. I haven't checked it out few a few months, but, the last time I checked it, you couldn't post on it. It is run by the Stehlings and the forum went down about the same time they got their video business going and building a huge shop. They may have started it up again recently though.

6. 13 point

I don’t think this is the same as the ones you guys are talking bout . This is brand new , actually it’s still being built and fine tuned . Can’t hurt to post and see where it goes .

msestak likes this.
  7. Robert Baker

Robert Baker Active Member

Hey Everyone!

I know some of you -- some of you I don't (nice to meet you).

I am actually the one who put up the new www.taxidermy-talk.com forums. I haven't posted about it here because I didn't want people to think I was competing with taxi.net -- that is not my intention -- shoot I still visit and post on here everyday. (I have even reached out and asked CMG for permission to post a link to taxi.net on TT so people can benefit from both forums).

My intention was to expand on what some forums aren't doing. To give another venue -- not replace this one.

I did not know when I chose the name that there was already a www.taxidermytalk.com (without the hyphen). The name I chose was available so that's what I went with. I am in no way affiliated with the Stehlings (if that's who runs the unhyphenated site) or anything that they do. I don't know them, don't know their reputation or anything else.

I think the people who know me on here would stand up for my character as being a respectable person. With that said -- the invitation to visit the hyphenated TT is open for everyone. Apologies for all the confusion. Thanks for reading.

Robert

8. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I just went to the site. It's not the same as the Stehlings taxidermytalk site.

I feel so sorry for you 15pt. They too have a current events NOT related to taxidermy. It must be rough being forced to go on thread that you believe is ruining a site.

9. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

plenty of topics related to taxidermy in all the other threads right here. this is the current events section..For everything NOT RELATED TO TAXIDERMY :)

OOPS...guess this isnt the current events section, i just saw this on the right side of my screen and clicked on it...jokes on me !

Robert Baker likes this.
  10. 13 point

I’m inviting you all to come visit the site . Those that have I believe like it and see it can be a great 2nd alternative where all can benefit. You bird folks come on over make some post show your work , share your noledge. Look forward to seeing you on T-Talk also .

11. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I tried to register and it wouldn't let me! Any hints on why that happened? I would like to join.

12. Robert Baker

Hey Pir..

I sent you a message. I had one other person who said they were having trouble creating an account.. I thought they were possibly doing something wrong. Sent you my info so I can help you both get signed up and possibly fix an error I dont know about.

Anyone else having an issue?

Thank you,

Robert

msestak likes this.
  13. ARUsher

ARUsher Active Member

I had a small issue signing up too. What it was is it took several hours to receive the email to confirm my email address and complete creating the account.

Robert Baker and msestak like this.
  14. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

its darn good site too. so is this one :)

Robert Baker likes this.
  15. Robert Baker

Thank you Mike. Still working on it a bit. --- Thanks ARU, maybe thats the issue. I tweaked a few settings to make the registration a bit more streamlined. Perhaps that will help.

Robert

msestak likes this.
  16. 13 point

Anyone having any issues with signing in or up on T-T please contact Robert Baker on here , he can help you take care of any and all issues . The page is coming a long quite well and we invite all to join and help us build it to be as great as sight as this one . We have a few opinions for the Taxidermy associations available , if you are a president or board member pm me or Robert for more info and what I’m talking about to help your association.

Westcoast, msestak and Robert Baker like this.
  17. crablover

crablover Well-Known Member

how do you sign up

18. 13 point

Go to Taxidermy-Talk.com

19. Robert Baker

Taxidermy-Talk.Com just posted a contest with cash prizes.. Check it out.

Robert

msestak likes this.
  20. crablover

crablover Well-Known Member

did that Glen but don't see where you sign up