1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Buckeye Bear Rolled Head Om

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by byrdman, Sep 11, 2020.

1. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

anyone used this form from Mckenzie? just rec one and quite disapointed... came with jaws installed(only option) and jaws are crooked, set too deep and apear to be med/sm jawset in med/lg form. Best way to remove/replace jawset? apear to be hot glued in.Dont understand why they dont sell form with jaws " not installed".... especially for unpainted non detailed ..also lips are quite a bit too thick and need to be trimmed.Anyone used this form ?

2. Westcoast

Westcoast Active Member

I’ve never used that particular one but McKenzie has steadily declined in quality Big Time!! I’m not sure if they lack a quality control Program or what. But, I can tell you that they consistently send me products that are a disappointment. Why a supply company would permanently secure any jaw set to any form defies comprehension and immediately raises my blood pressure

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have not used the buckeye ones, however, the McKenzie ones heads roll upward to the point that if they are 6 feet off the ground you will be looking at the underneath of the jaw instead of the face. If Buckeye ones are like that, if you want to look at it face on, it would have to be 3 feet off the ground.

4. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    byrdman, yes I have used the form a few times but that was when Buckeye was still in business. Heck, I even made many of those forms when I worked at Buckeye. We sold alot of those bear mannikins. And I can tell you we sold a ton with the unfinished jawsets pre installed.
    Unless Mckenzie has changed the method, yes they are hot glued into a rubber mold that is installed into the fiberglass mold before pouring the foam into the mold.

5. byrdman

why why why would any form mfgr install jaws that way.... dont they know the lip skin is normally tucked first

6. byrdman

same ones

7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    This was mounted over the original Buckeye Mannikins head form back when they were still Buckeye. The mouth cup fit nice and snug then. It was the first, and last time, I ever used a preinstalled jaw 'cup'. I still prefer using the natural lip skins on Bear mounts ... as with all Feline and Canine mounts - large and small. I also use the natural nose skin ... no plastic noses used here!
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    Westcoast likes this.