1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

In A Pickle!

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by Rachel L Day, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Rachel L Day

Rachel L Day New Member

what kind of salt do you guys like to use for your pickle? Also can I put the carcass back in the pickle to strip the flesh? I'll be working with a leopard gecko and im nervous boiling the flesh off the bones will weaken its fragile little bones too much and its starting to get cold up here in the mountains im afraid the bugs aren't doing their jobs like they do over the summer. I want to skin the little guy and keep the skeleton.. help!

2. Herper

Herper New Member

Hello not sure if you were able to find the answers that you were looking for in regards to leopard gecko. If not and you have access to FB
    Check our the Articulation Nation group and do a search for leopard Geckos. Good luck

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Ok any kind of salt works but what you want to do isn’t going to work as a pickle saved the skin.
    If your looking into just saving the bones then maceration is the way to go. Natural bacteria will eat the flesh and save your bones but be prepared for good smell of rotting flesh in water.

4. ow88no1infoo

ow88no1infoo New Member