1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Alter Shoulder Mannikin To Wall Pedestal

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by GShall, Oct 25, 2020.

1. GShall

GShall New Member

I recently got a young Maryland sika stag. The options for mannikins for his size are really limited. I would really like a wall pedestal but the only forms available are much larger. We plan to use one of the shoulder mount forms and modify the head turn and add to the front shoulder to make it into a wall pedestal. My taxidermist is familiar with altering forms and is capable of doing it but he mentioned seeing a product before that would save some time and money. It was a half moon shaped wedge that is used to convert standard shoulder mannikins into wall pedestals. It would be a lot easier and faster to attach one of those and shape it to match the form instead of doing it manually. Unfortunately he cannot remember who makes it or where he saw it. Does anyone know about this product and where to find it?

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

5844536D-75D3-406C-8643-3DFA54617C2E.jpeg CD18E689-1B4E-4EAF-9008-3A26B96F1B45.jpeg F18BAEA4-7AEC-4152-B021-16DA6BD0C455.jpeg I’m in md and do a lot of sika , buy a Wtail Wall ped in the Neck size , most likely 16 inch neck then ask to buy just the head of a 7551 Sika form and just do a head change out . You may have to shorten the neck a little bit, you can get these from McKenzie supply

3. 13 point

20D66BC4-359C-43B8-ADE7-8696380B4777.jpeg Sika is what I do

4. GShall

GShall New Member

Mine is a tall spike with measurements of 5 1/2" x 14". Think there is a whitetail wall ped with a 14" neck?

5. GShall

GShall New Member

See photo

Attached Files:

6. 13 point

Then order 7330 Sika form and if you can’t find a 14 Wtail look at a couse deer form , worse sinario order the 16 put Sika head on then sand down to blend , if you took a meat measurement and it’s 14 the cape will probably be 16 once thinned down . As Sika are very thick on back and you need to allow for that

7. 13 point

Your welcome for the info , oh that’s right you didn’t thank me

8. GShall

GShall New Member

Sorry, I had put my phone up for the night right after I sent that last message. I appreciate the help and I'll pass these suggestions o

9. 13 point

Welcome