1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Scammers !!!!

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Rob Roth, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Rob Roth

Rob Roth Member

Is it just me or are there a crap load of scammers on this site now ? It's almost as bad as Craigslist . Texting me with stuid questions . Then disappearing . I Never had this problem before .

Kylee and bob wendt like this.
  2. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

getting worse. first is still for sale? yes. tell me more. you tell more. can I have a picture ( like does not know what coon looks like? then I will take it. can I get a deal if I get it and a mink and a skunk? yes. now we are at 6-12 pm`s or emails back and forth. fiinally "CK IS IN THE MAIL". then never hear again, or get any $. it is 100% newbies, 100% female, and I suspect mostly juveniles. why on my for sale listings I plead please no tire kickers, players or juveniles. does not seem to work.

Tracy Carroll likes this.

3. Rob Roth

Rob Roth Member

Yep word for word . Yesterday . ( is it still aviliable ? Im very interested . How much ? Pics? ..I wrote back .Im prettysure you saw the price and the pics . I don't have time for scammers. They wrote back ..What are you talking about . is it wrong asking from you directly Then says Im going to pass anyways .) What the ##$%

bob wendt likes this.
  4. bob wendt

I will start the list. madeleine v. [email protected],ail.com. could have listed 50 more from the past year, but will start fresh. this one last I heard was 10/15. no $ is coming. wasted my time on her. I am no better than anyone, but my time is just as valuable as anyone else. seems when ever anyone wants a picture, it is just a player. especially for common animals that all look alike anyway. freak animals I expect folks want a picture, not normal animals.

5. trapper400

trapper400 Member

Is there a way the webmaster can highlight their names in red when posting a question as a heads up? After verifying problems are valid.

6. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

They will just set up a new user account and gmail address and the cycle keeps on going. After two or three bullcrap e-mails (unless it is someone you have sold to before) I would just quit wasting my time on them.

I have bought plenty from Bob over the years so I think he knows I am not a tire kicker, and I bought from Rob Roth. Sure, I asked questions, legit ones and I came through on the purchases.

Vic

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Make your sale post and put photos with it and a price. That will eliminate a lot of the time wasters asking to see a picture. I don't give out my phone #. Anyone can email me. I don't have time to waste with texting. "Check is in the mail"? Ok, fine, but, until it arrives, it is still for sale and the first to pay for it gets it. Sorry. If you are serious, overnight or next day a check. Eliminates the "Gee, it must have gotten lost in the mail" excuse. Pay Pal also eliminates a lot of BS. They may not be scammers but they sure can be time wasters. And many might be bored kids who are dreaming of actually doing something like this when they get older.

.. Bob, I will be out there over Christmas. If you are going to be home I'm gonna come over there and teach you how to post pictures on your ads. :D

8. bob wendt

I will be about 6,000 feet elevation in the rockies doing my annual trapping then. can`t wait to get there. quick as christmas tree sales are over I`m on the road about 1400 miles west. taking the brown dog with me this trip to work lion and bear ,plus keep me company on cold nights, which is every night where I go. nathan and kathy will be holding the fort down.

9. wmthompson

wmthompson New Member

I think pictures are important. I have had to return two things that were completely different from what was described ( said that feet were attached when they were not, etc). If you can take the time to take a pic for someone asking about it, then you can take the time to add a pic to your listing. It's not that difficult. Make it easier for someone to purchase from you and you won't get so many e-mails.
    If the person is just a beginner, then they may need a little more discussion. Not everyone is a seasoned taxidermist. Their purchase might be a huge money outlay for them and they want to be comfortable with spending so much ( for them). We need more young people in the trade. And we need to remember that this is business, NOT PERSONAL.

Juniper98 likes this.
  10. bob wendt

business is right, not play time for minors

Johnnyclyde likes this.