1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month In Fish Pictures "fall Edition" November/ December 2020!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month In Fish Pictures "fall Edition" November/ December 2020!!!!!!!

A warm welcome from Hinsdale NH! The holidays will be upon us all in no time flat! I hope all is well and you’re staying safe and are healthy! 2020 has been to say the least a very different year for all of us. In your lives and in your travels, you have seen much and in mine I see a different time now. The one constant in my life is God and my love for my family and friends. I love this industry we call the taxidermy industry I hope you do as much as I!

Just got back from a time in Alaska and it never leaves me the feeling I get when spending time there! If you have never been then go just go it will be a time you’ll never soon forget!

Lastly, I find it in my heart to ask that you vote it is our duty and our right here in the old USA and I hope it stays as such with your effort!

There will better times to come once again as they will be here soon, I believe that in my heart! I have talked to so many folks in the industry and learned of stories of folks dealing with it all! The important thing is to remember that we are resourceful and filled with ingenuity! This skill gives us an opportunity to ready ourselves for the opening of the country and the world. Stay positive, keep creating and working hard and take a moment to call a friend or text someone you care about!

Over the past decade’s a wealth of contributors and many great folks who take time to share in this great tradition! We all begin somewhere and all the learning and work hard that goes into the pursuit at being is what makes us the fish artists we become

Why so we share your work!!!!! This tradition of the Month in Fish Pictures has always been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show their work without criticism and hard comments! So, let’s remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get too involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! Inspiration in what we share is part of the friendliness and positive observations of fans of fish work. This is a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration other with your work regardless of your skill level as a fish taxidermist or Fishcarver!

You’re here reading because you want to be inspired to be the best Fishhead you can be! Always be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for joining me each month for each installment of the Bi-Monthly in Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first-hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

A BIG thank all the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

All levels of artists are welcome!!!! From beginners to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle-free string with nothing more than great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of the last posting I will share of the year with a group of travels who came to Alaska to have an adventure with this old fishhead!

Can’t wait to see your beautiful fish work this segment! See you in the new year 2021! Be “SAFE” and be kind to one another!

Heres to hope and a great 2021!!

My Best

Rick Krane

www.AnglersArtistry.com

IMG_1615.jpeg

2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Nice photo and pieces Rick
    Keep the teaching going
    Your a inspiration to many
    Carl

3. Clew

York, SC
    Latest triple tail
    upload_2020-11-6_21-10-25.jpeg

4. lapoisse

lapoisse Active Member

France
    [​IMG]

5. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

4422E7E7-8B13-4C73-811B-7D74300AACBA.jpeg

5FAB7D74-E38B-4C7E-B78B-1954EBDF346A.jpeg

6. Clew

York, SC
    Mudbat
    Wash your hands your going to get that fish dirty
    Nice

7. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Spangled Emperor , New wave blank IMG_5090.JPG

8. NOAH@aarrkk

NOAH@aarrkk Well-Known Member

GA
    Rick I agree 100+% what you say about visiting Alaska. I was blessed to visit there for 24 years before retiring and returning home to GA. Great jobs on the salmon also....a job WELL DONE!@...

9. Wally Gator

Wally Gator Well-Known Member

C97CAB18-FEB8-4698-A85E-322B40E9E945.jpeg
    My first 10 pounder, and also the first for my client. Debated on darkening the spots a bit, but depending on the light they were dark enough so I didn’t chance ruining it.
    Thoughts?

1tahr, rogerswildlife, JE and 3 others like this.
  10. Pikeonthefly

Pikeonthefly Active Member

I looked at the picture first and my thought was "I like the spot's" To me they are perfect because they flow with the rest of the colors so well. If I was your client I'd say the job was perfect and I would be extremely happy. Great job overall.

hambone, ARUsher and Wally Gator like this.
  11. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

4BB1A198-53BC-4F5B-8B86-2EBD05FFD608.jpeg

nate, lapoisse, Taxi-lover and 10 others like this.
  12. Lance.G

Lance.G Well-Known Member

ARP Repro IMG_2194 (2).JPG

13. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

14AFA2A1-8D26-4FC4-89AC-7EFE259CD6FC.jpeg

nate, JE, Trashfish and 7 others like this.
  14. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Actually my first ever bluegill.
    10 in skinmount
    6D00723B-BD03-467E-95F1-AFD2C7C4DBD0.jpeg
    Little 14 in skinmount brookie. Little pain in the ass!
    01CAE979-EA15-4A28-A2F6-BD9C4C87AA3F.jpeg

nate, JE, ARUsher and 3 others like this.
  15. 20201025_003055_HDR.jpg 20201025_003055_HDR.jpg

Attached Files:

ARUsher and antlermike like this.
  16. His sail had hardly any spots that you could see and was about as dark blue black as could be. Tell me what to do to improve. Thanks

17. crablover

crablover Well-Known Member

It needs the right feeler's. The one's you have on that mount are for a White Marlin. Big difference between the two.