1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How To Sell A Wolf Pelt?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by palehawk, Nov 4, 2020.

1. palehawk

palehawk New Member

Hello, thought I'd take a stab at asking around here for some more informed folks opinions as my own research is getting a bit confusing.

I have a wolf pelt purchased from Glacier Wear a few years back, and now I would like to sell it if possible. Normally I off things via ebay, however in this case (unless given information otherwise) it seems that's not the best way to go about it.

I did message GW asking about CITES as I assumed all wolves would need those to be sold in the first place, however they told me theirs do not come with the permits (which of course I didn't recall getting anything of the like) I am just a bit confused as well on the specifics of CITES--so I'm coming from an uninformed pov! They had returned my e-mail saying I would need to check the laws of whichever state it was headed to if wolf fur was allowed. If I were to sell via ebay, obviously that could be anywhere.

So if anyone could offer a little information about what is required to sell wolf products (it's a tanned full-body pelt) legally or if it's better to just keep it please let me know! I appreciate your time!

2. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Contact your states fish and wildlife department.