1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fantasy Creatures

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by nvthom, Nov 6, 2020.

1. nvthom

nvthom New Member

Are any of you working on fantasy creatures like dragons, minotaur, etc? I've begun working on two dragon shoulder mounts and am really loving it. Id love to hear from anyone with
    experience in this area, especially how to market creatures like this.

This is one I'm in progress on. Ive built it from scratch and used a mixture of sculpty and paper mache to create the jawset. The eye is a blank shark eye I painted.

black dragon.jpg

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Nicely done. Etsy is a decent venue for something like this. You could also try eBay actions but make sure to set a reserve for the lowest you would want to sell it for. Locally you could use Craigslist. If Covid gets under control and things get back to normal, you could also consider entering the sculptures in the Anthrocon art show and having them for sale at the same time. Normally happens sometime around July. You don't say where you are from but the convention is in Pittsburg, PA and it would be best if you traveled there with them to keep an eye on them. They will sell there and normally for ridiculous sums of money. Many people that go to that have very deep pockets.

Robert Baker likes this.