1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pheasant Questions

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by dmac1175, Nov 18, 2020.

1. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

I have mounted several Ringneck Pheasants but I am wanting to improve and take it to the next level. Looking for opinions on things like artifical beak vs. real beak, eyerings?, better wattles, what is best eye, etc.
    Basically if i could find a "Mounting a Competition Pheasant" dvd that would be great.

2. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Pheasants are not the easiest bird to mount despite what others may say or think. The feather groups, patterns and placement are just a few of the areas. I have been trying to make step changes on mine and that includes one on one classes with a World Champion.... If I were to do something all over I would still get and go to a one on one class with a champion, Kent Reedy, and or Jonathan Wright. As for a DVD sorry I don't remember one. I have used artificial heads from almost day one simply becuase I don't like shrinkage and meat to get rid of... Eye rings already there and no need to add new ones.

magicmick likes this.