1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shipping Insulation Method

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by trapper400, Nov 24, 2020.

1. trapper400

trapper400 Member

I thought I would pass along this information as I have received good feedback on my shipped items.
    For a couple of years, I have been collecting chainsaw dust chips caught on a tarp while cutting my hardwood firewood (don't use pine or sappy wood). Let it dry completely in the sun for use later. I lay a couple of inches in the bottom of the box, put my frozen items in then fill the box voids around my items with the chips with some covering the items.
    It is very lightweight and insulating. I have had things get hung up for a few days and still arrive mostly frozen or at worst thawed but cold.
    Just an FYI

Lance.G, Invasives and Kylee like this.
  2. jimss

jimss Active Member

Sounds like a great way to recycle your wood chips and saw dust.

I'm always trying to cut weight and bulk when shipping. Another insulation option I've had great luck with is cutting 4 x 8 sheets of foam board insulation that can be bought at Home Depot to fit the size box you are using. I've also cut rolls of wall insulation. They both are super light and don't take up much room in a box.

3. trapper400

trapper400 Member

agreed