1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

* Beware * Of Seller Texascritter ( Mark Mckee ) - ( Resolved )

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Robert Baker, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Robert Baker

Robert Baker Well-Known Member

** BEWARE OF SELLER: TEXASCRITTER ( MARK MCKEE ) **

I hate to post a negative experience with someone -- especially someone whom I've had positive dealings with in the past. However, in good conscience I can not over look this and ignore this failed transaction and not try to warn others that this could happen to you.

Back in August I purchased two rattlesnakes from Mark and received them both in fantastic condition. Shipped fast, packed well, etc.. Mark and I spoke on the phone a few times shooting the breeze etc.. I mistakenly took him as one of the good guys and an honest seller.

On one occassion when Mark and I spoke he told me that he often sells rattlesnakes, bobcats, and ringtails.

I expressed my interest in two ringtails and since he was down south -- an armadillo if he came across one. Mark contacts me a few weeks later and tells me that he found a small armadillo for me. Paid him for that specimen -- it gets shipped out -- and arrives in beautiful condition. No issues -- again.

A few weeks later I get a call from Mark telling me that he now had a large armadillo (a tank as he calls them). Things are tough this month and he's a bit short. Says trapping season will begin before too long and was wondering if I could help him out and send him $200 and we'd call it payment on the large armadillo and deposit on the ringtails. I've already experienced two great dealings with Mark and also wanting to help him out -- I agreed. I sent him $250 for the deposit. This was back in September. ------ Time passes and a few days ago I see Mark selling a ringtail on taxi.net. I reach out to him and inquire where my animals are since he apparently now has some for sale.

What I received, as you can see from the attached text messages.. He somehow forgot who I even was. Forgot the deposit, the ringtails, the armadillo, etc.. Now I know he's an older guy but he sounded like he had it together when I spoke to him on the phone. I find it hard to believe he simply forgot. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt before writing this review and even gave him the opportunity to refund the money but thats when the conversation stopped.

I will update this review should he miraculously remember and make good on his sale. I will definitely not be doing business with him again nor will I recommend anyone else to do so. Take your chances if you like. Like I stated above, I have had good dealings with him in the past as a lot on here have. I just found out that he can also "forget" that he sold you something after receiving your money.

Robert

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

GLAD YOU PAID HIM WITH PAYPAL AND PAID THE FEE'S ,, SO AT LEAST YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY BACK ,,, WITHIN 6 MONTHS IF THE SELLER - I FE'D YOU ,,

pir^2h and Robert Baker like this.

3. Robert Baker

Hey Dave,

Yeah I filed the claim this afternoon for it. Wasnt happy about making this post but couldnt sit back and knowingly let someone else make the same mistake. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Robert

4. Westcoast

Westcoast Active Member

Maybe he should take the $250 and put a down payment on some morals or a new memory

5. texascritter

texascritter Cell 972-904-9516

Well I was not going to even going to comment but as I said in the text I will send you the next Ringtail and you can quit being a spoiled brat. As far as the newby west coast you kind mind your own business. To be a minister you are sure a spoiled brat Robert. When I ship the Ringtail you can go bug some one else. I am human so I do forget things and you are such a drama queen you will not allow a person to be normal. So be it take your business else where......

jake7719 likes this.
  6. Robert Baker

Wow Mark.. What am I a minister of exactly? I ordered that from you and paid you in advance in good faith back in September. Its now December. I even suggested refunding my money and calling it a mistake and that's when you stopped replying. I believe I went farther than most would have considering the circumstances (before posting the review). If that makes me a spoiled brat or a drama queen then so be it.

I posted the review so others wouldn't end up in the same boat that I did and stated that I would update it if and when my order is ever fulfilled.

Robert

Lance.G and pir^2h like this.
  7. texascritter

I told you in the text I would ship the next I caught then you can go on down the road. I have done business on here for years and I told you I did not feel comfortable taking a deposit for this very reason. People pay a deposit and they think they can dictate when and where. I will fill your order then I do not want to hear from you again.

jake7719 likes this.
  8. Robert Baker

All that sounds good and all except YOU asked me for money and said we can call it a deposit or did you forget? You did say you would ship the next one you caught but then listed one for sale on taxi.net (looked like a ringtail in your picture anyway unless you didn't actually have that one either?) You seem to want to paint the picture that I am an impatient buyer. I did not post the text messages of you asking me for the money to begin with but I can if you like? I was trying to save you the embarrassment. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of goods from reputable sellers on here and doubt a single one would say that I've been anything but patient and professional.

Robert

9. Robert Baker

I didn't -- no.. I wasn't expecting it either to be honest.

Robert

10. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Well he is blocked permanently on our FACEBOOK GROUP until he makes this RITE ~ shithappens

11. Robert Baker

No worries. I've made some good friends who are reputable sellers. I will continue to purchase through them. Thank you Dave.

Robert

12. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

wasnt your 250.00 for a big tank and two armadillos? but now its 250 for one 40.00 ringtail...musta missed something

Robert Baker likes this.
  13. Robert Baker

$250 was for 1 ringtail and 1 adult armadillo (as originally posted above). He had originally requested $200 in advance "we'll count it as a deposit" he said because he was having a tough time. Since I considered him a friend (as I do many on here) I sent him $250 for the deposit. More than worth yes, but I was trying to help him out. That is how you're sometimes repaid.

Robert

14. jake7719

jake7719 Well-Known Member

Your GOOD with me,...BOBBY is a cry baby ass clown on this sight, thinks he is more then he is.
    "People pay a deposit and they think they can DICKtate when and where". You sir are 100% right.

15. texascritter

16. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Mark., if you owe ROBERT $$ and its looks like you DO ,, just fricking pay it BACK or send him a ringtail - like you said you would and move forward ,,.

u can sleep much better !!!!!!

17. Robert Baker

Hey Everyone!

Thank you Mark for refunding my $250. To be honest, I wasnt expecting it. I understand mistakes can happen and I choose to believe this was probably one of them.

Just posting this so everyone knows in the end Mark was an honest guy.

Happy New Years Mark and to all the Taxi.Net family.

Robert

18. Western Wildlife Art Studio

GLAD IT WORKED OUT ,,, FOR ALLPARTIES, JUST A SHAME IT HAD TO COME TO THIS ....

BEST AND SAFE 2021 TO ALL !

socalmountainman likes this.
  19. texascritter

S
    hame is a under statement. Had it not been for people fanning the flames and stirring the pot and impatience it would of been over with a long time ago. Only thing accomplished was my (do not deal with) list just got longer.....

20. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

AND SO DID OURS !!!!!!