1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shoulder Mounts

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by backwoodscreations, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Just wondering if anyone has ever used forms from Second 2 nature for deer? or Matuksa Forms. If so can you please post some pictures and what you liked or disliked about them.

Thanks,

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I use Second 2 Nature deer manikins. A lot of people don’t like the deep creases in the shoulder area. To satisfy them, I fill them in with clay before finishing the shoulder area. Here’s a 12SU17L just mounted...

Attached Files:

3. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I have a small buck to mount - a new client’s first bow kill. It is a 6 1/2” x 16” cape. I ordered a form from 2nd to Nature, whose deer shoulder mounts I have not used much. I ordered a matching form using those measurements but the cape will not fit over the form. Comparing it to a similar size form form, an 8600 from McKenzie, I found the 2nd to Nature form’s head is 1” wider and the shoulder area is a full 3” wider. The eye to nose and neck measurements were the same but the other dimensions were much larger and the cape just would not fit, especially the head and face. The forms seem to have short necks and are very stocky and bulked up. Just be aware of the differences that are not reflected in the normal measurements we use.

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

My experience with them is about the same as Mike Powell's. Very bulky and deep creased. The tight neck and face fit, however, everything south of the head/neck junction was way too big. I don't like the lip lines on them. They look more like a bovine lip line than a deer. joeym does them justice that's obvious, but for me, I'll use other mannikins.

5. thanks for the input guys