1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie Forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by IAtaxi, Dec 18, 2020.

1. IAtaxi

IAtaxi Member

My favorite form to mount on is a 6900 due to facial features and armpit detail... as much as I try to pimp it, my customers seem to about always go for the 6500 due to neck size. I wish Mckenzie could put the same head on a 6500 as the 6900 head. I personally dislike the flat nose look but not about to buy change-out heads for 75% of my deer mounts a year.

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Do you not have clay? Do you mean that they don't like the goiter on the outside of the turn? I always rasp that puppy down some, it is still there it is just not so dang obtrusive.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I mount more deer on the 6900s then any other, just stop offering the 6500s lol tell them they stopped making it . I rework all my noses anyway when I put a septum in it

IAtaxi likes this.
  4. IAtaxi

IAtaxi Member

I have clay but don't like altering if I don't need to. I'd say I spend enough time on eyes and ear butts than to give a slight roman nose look to every deer I mount. I don't mind the muscle look on the 6900 so no rasping here.

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I to alter just about every deer face to my liking on all forms the 6900 gets about the least so I like it as well and don't care for the 6500 and like 13 point kind of suggests, I have 6900's in my showroom and no 6500's, so most choose the 6900 for a semi sneak.

6. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Never have a style of a form in your showroom, or show pictures of, something that you don't like to do. If customers don't know, they won't pick it.
    We had a really nice big whitetail in the showroom on a Zehner deer form. Gary didn't have a really complete line of forms but people liked it and wanted their deer to look just like that pose. Causing us to alter a lot of forms to make it look just like that form. We eventually moved that deer to a back corner, and problem solved.
    We have a reverse curve small mouth bass in the showroom. A really nice looking repo, and sure enough, I bet 75% of the small mouths we do are in a reverse curve. Not a big deal as our fish bodies are carved.

rogerswildlife, John C and 3bears like this.
  7. Westcoast

Westcoast Well-Known Member

I just let them choose the pose and ear position. I didn’t know that letting them choose which form was even a thing.I thought that it was up to me to choose the right tool for the job so to speak. But then again, I’m dumber than a box of rocks

8. Westcoast

Westcoast Well-Known Member

I just let them choose the pose and ear position. I didn’t know that letting them choose which form was even a thing.I thought that it was up to me to choose the right tool for the job so to speak. But then again, I’m dumber than a box of rocks

9. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I have the McKenzie poster Headquarters and Ohio posters for the clients to pic from but most of my show room mounts are the McKenzie 6900 and like that form so that’s the one I push and use the most , but there are 2 forms I hate mounting on and I tape them out so they can’t be seen . And I won’t mount a deer on a straight pose of any kind , they ask I tell them No . End of conversation, Ill will let it walk out the door first .

Lance.G and Westcoast like this.
  10. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

why wo