1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pearl Henderson

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Henderson-Pearl-34.jpg
    Pearl Henderson of Beebe, Arkansas, passed away on December 27, 2020. Miss Pearl was a beloved founding member of the National Taxidermists Association and was the only person who attended every NTA convention from the first one in Poplar Bluff, Missouri in 1972 to the last one in Sioux Falls, South Dakota in 2019. She taught the first NTA seminar mounting a two-headed calf. She is pictured above at the 2004 NTA Convention where she received the Pioneer Award from NTA co-founder Lola Haynes.

sarahdj likes this.
  2. Dwb5

Dwb5 Active Member

I hate to hear that. Very sad

3. Tom McNeal

Tom McNeal Member

RIP Miss Pearl and may perpetual light shine upon you!
    Our condolences to everyone who knew and loved her.
    Tom & Gail McNeal

George likes this.
  4. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Wonderful lady. We will miss her. Rest in Peace, Mrs. Pearl.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

A very special lady. When I sat on the NTA board, I created the Pearl Henderson Award for longevity and dedication to the industry. She was the first recipient of her namesake award. Four years ago , I was humbled when she presented her award to me. IMG_20160611_175745383_HDR.jpg

6. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

anyone have pics of her work they can post

7. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

I met Mrs Pearl at the first NTA meeting at Poplar Bluff,Missouri. She brought a life size 2 headed calf that she made the mannikin for. She did a great job on it. She was a excellent taxidermist and a very nice person. Rip , Mrs Pearl.

John C, George and rogerswildlife like this.
  8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

This is a young Pearl Henderson who mounted a 2 headed calf at the very first NTA Convention. The photo was in a book Lola Haynes gave me.
    An interesting side to this is that Charley and Lola Haynes asked Lola's best friend, Pearl, if she would conduct a seminar at their planned convention. She agreed and looked for a project. In the meantime, the community was abuzz about a farmer whose cow had birthed a 2 headed calf. Since the calf was stillborn, Pearl told the farmer what her intentions were. He told her that was nice but he wanted to be paid for the calf. She paid him and then built an armature to mount it on. She conducted the seminar and mounted the calf.
    Afterwards, the local newspaper wrote about the convention and how a "local taxidermist" had mounted this calf. She was then approached by the same farmer wanting his calf back. She told him she'd bought the calf and it was hers, but he ended up crying to her that she relented. So the system hasn't changed much. People pay organizations to attend seminars but presenters pay to do one and then get conned into giving it away.

20210121_144714.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  9. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Her smile!!!
    So sad to hear this.