1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird Tumbling

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by PubGChris, Dec 30, 2020.

1. GotHonks

GotHonks Well-Known Member

Well dang it , My blow dryer literally caught fire this afternoon ( no spare , wife won't let me use hers )..... good thing I've got a few skins dry and ready to mount .. Yeah that sucked .... Scared my pup more than me .... I've had them spark before but never actually catch fire ..... Found a 140.00 pet dryer on eBay for 60.00 ... so I'll find out if they're better than a regular blow dryer in about 5 days hopefully less ... Just hope it's not junk ...

BrookeSFD16 likes this.
  2. GotHonks

Holly shamolie ... Why didn't I buy one of these Pet hairdryers a long , long time ago .... Holly crap ... This thing has some serious power ... I bought the cheapest one I could find and I'm stoked its friking real nice , way quieter than a blow dryer and way , way , way more air flow ..
    The model I got has a heat switch but it's not adjustable ,( seems to get just not enough ) but I doubt you need heat with how much airflow you can dial in ... I've used shop vacs , yard blowers and I tell ya what this thing is by far and away so much better than any of those as well as any expensive hairdryer I've ever used .... Now as long as the thing doesn't quite workn in a few weeks , it's the best thing since sliced bread far as I'm concerned (tested it out on a couple birds I couldn't finish drying the down on when my blow dryer caught fire) wow ... ... I've got a squeaky clean Speck in the spin cycle as I type to see how much faster it will dry with this pet dryer than tumbling then blowdrying ...
    Anybody interested .. Here's the link
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2800W-Dog-...&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&redirect=mobile

3. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Thanks for the link! I ordered one immediately!

4. GotHonks

Your welcome , So I dried that Speck in an hr .... Didn't use any heat so it took longer than I expected but it's really fluffy compared to using just a blow dryer that woulda taken another hr at least and the skin doesn't seem to dry out as fast ....

Wildthings likes this.