1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Joe Meder Eyes

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by GP1419, Jan 12, 2021.

1. GP1419

GP1419 Active Member

Anyone ever used the new Joe Meder pre rotated eyes, they say they are left and right, other than a 1 and a 2 on the back of the eye they look the same to me, does anyone know which one is which, and do ya'll use pre rotated or standard for the most part just curious, Thanks.

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I love the JM eyes, and use on competition, but they have gotten ridiculously expensive. I rotate eyes pretty much on every deer head depending on turn of head . That said I also put nicatating membrane in also . The white banded eye that tohicken came out with last year is a good looking eye at like $9 pair . I may put an eye in basically backwards to get more white in the front to get better rotation , but they look really nice for the cost . You can get 3 pair for the cost of 1 pair of JM eyes .
    Let me add this , I’d be willing to bet if I hung 2 mounted deer up ,1 with JM eyes and 1 with the eye I’m talking about you couldn’t tell me which was which

livbucks likes this.

3. GP1419

GP1419 Active Member

13 pt do you remember the name of the tohicken eye you are talking about, I always use payer prime dark and really like them but no body has any right now so I ordered the JM eyes and they are pricey

4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

No , not off the top of my head. When I head out to shop I’ll look , it was the eye they used in there advertisements in breakthrough last year