1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Question About Raw Foxes (florida)

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Jax L, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Jax L

Jax L New Member

FL
    Resolved!
    So, I'm looking to buy a beautiful fox but had been misinformed by someone a bit ago...
    So here's the problem!
    Florida, does NOT allow someone to possess a raw fox without permit from FWC.
    But that got me wondering... Could I buy the fox (it's in a different state) and have the seller send it straight to the tannery in Pennsylvania??? I do not know if that is legal, if you know anything about this I would appreciate your help. Also I did call FWC MULTIPLE times but the specific department never responded. I rather get to the seller as sooner than waiting for FWC to get back to me.
    If you know it's legal, I would like where you got the info.
    Thank you for your time! :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

If you buy a ranch raised fox, it will have the necessary paperwork. As long as the breed of fox you are buying is not on the CITES list (and I can’t think of any that are), it can be shipped across state lines as long as it was legally taken and it is legal to possess in the states it is going to and from. You would need to confirm that with each of the respective state’s game laws.

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Once tanned it’s no longer raw