1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another Mistake

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by BowDeadly, Jan 13, 2021.

1. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

I saw a post about some capes, I needed a couple so I responded and he responded back. So I purchased a cape from "ADDRESS BELLOW". Anyway I sent him a check on Dec 9th, he got it and called me to say he would ship after the first of Jan, I said great. I did tell him I would like UPS but he went on to say he has been using USPS for years with no troubles, not one. I said I have had the opposite with USPS. Well I proved my point about USPS, he sent it out the week before last and it arrived stinking / slimy and slipping hair. So I called him and said cape arrived and it's slipping and stinks. He went on about how the other capes he sent out arrived in just a couple days and they were fine. WELL MINE ALMOST TWO WEEKS, I asked what can we do about it, figuring a refund or replacement cape, only fair. He said well what do you want be to do it's not my fault. He had mentioned he insured it for the 50.00 and they said it would arrive in 2 / 3 days. I told him from dealing with USPS a few times he wont see a dime on this one. Then with a long pause, he said with a bit of attitude so what do you think I should take care of it, I told you about USPS here and you still sent it that way. I could tell it was going to be a battle getting any where. So I'm out money and a cape. I feel I just got ripped, I know I did.

P1000095.JPG

P1000088.JPG

msestak and pir^2h like this.
  2. kojak

kojak Active Member

I have been using USPS priority mail also for some time with no problems at all until now.
    I shipped 6 flat rate boxes January 4. One made it to the west coast on time. Four boxes to the east coast were all 2 days late. One was bad and I refunded the buyer.
    The sixth box is still floating someplace around this country. Checked the tracking before posting this and it doesn't show up anywhere.
    Needless to say I will not be using USPS again until they get their act together!
    Also I myself believe that a seller should refund or replace a product even if it is the shippers fault. It just good for future business. The seller should also ship with whatever shipper the buyer choose.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021

3. old60furs

old60furs MO buyers license number is 2465. I need your #

Obviously, USPS works in some parts of our country but not here are where you live in DE. I shipped a super huge state record mink to someone about six years ago and it has still not arrived. SO, no more usps for me. Fed EX works for some. UPS hasn't let me down yet except sometimes they get a little rough with the packages and that presents problems.!!

Sorry you had a bad experience, Earl. Hopefully your cat and grey will show up via ups tomorrow and take away some of your dismal attitude. ha

Hang in there!

msestak and Johnnyclyde like this.
  4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

My wife ordered some stuff from Wal-Mart.com 7 December 2020. The package (sent USPS) was stuck in Jacksonville, Florida from 11 December. Finally last week she contacted Wal-mart and they said the package was lost someplace in transit. They gave her a refund and the package arrived on 11 January. The tracking still says Jacksonville, Florida. She called Wal-Mart and told them she got it and offered to pay but they said just keep it and don't worry about it. It was only $20.19.

I have a couple things coming from Montana I purchased before Christmas. I told the seller to hold up until after the holidays and things returned to normal shipping.

Onto the original post, I have seen a previous posts about this seller so I put him on my permanent "Do not buy" from list long ago. His attitude would be enough to turn me off.

msestak and Rausch like this.
  5. BowDeadly

NO CHIT, SERIOUS.CAN YOU SEND ME THE POST. When I saw the capes I looked here to see any problems.THANKS

msestak likes this.
  6. disabled

disabled Active Member

Earl what size cape you need i have some extra i would ship it for free!!!!! depends on what size you need let me know

msestak likes this.
  7. qltycapes

qltycapes Member

Long before the holidays I switched from USPS to UPS. So far I am glad I did. Hopefully USPS will get their act together but I have my doubts.

msestak likes this.
  8. BowDeadly

I posted my USPS night mare earlier I believe. I sent two deer skulls one state away to get cleaned, USPS took more than 3 weeks to ship. I had sleepless nights after checking tracking and seeing it not moving. No one could find it, the real problem was no one cared , they could care less if I ever saw them again. Finally they moved in the USPS system and were delivered a day before Christmas, rotten stinking. They went back and forth from DE. to PA. in a week, made no sense. The guy did a super job on them, and I had them back safe & sound in 3 days later, UPS delivered in one day.

P1000067.JPG P1000080.JPG P1000078.JPG P1000070.JPG P1000069.JPG

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    msestak likes this.
  9. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Glad it all worked out for you. Those are awesome panels! Where do you get them?

msestak likes this.
  10. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

usps is irreparably broken. we have swithched to fedex and so far...SO FAR.. everything has made it on time , or at least in time. I lost a $1,000 cat to mo 2 years ago. rotted, sent priority 2 day and took 11 days. insured, the works, took pictures, documented everything and appealed 3 times and never got a thing. the buyer and I split the loss. fairest thing to do when we both get the shaft and neither did anything wrong. luckily the buyer is asuper guy and easy to work with and we still do business.. thru fedex!

msestak likes this.
  11. pir^2h

msestak likes this.
  12. BowDeadly

WELL GUYS, After several emails I got the one I wanted to here "I WILL SEND YOU A CHECK TODAY".

msestak likes this.
  13. pir^2h

Let us know if the "Check in the mail" arrives.

msestak likes this.
  14. drob

drob Active Member

Used UPS for over 20 years,recently switched to FED EX.They seem to be faster and less expensive.

msestak likes this.
  15. BowDeadly

drob...so true I can buy from Mckenzie and ups is two days or longer and delivered at 7:00 PM. FED-EX is next day and there in the AM. I'm only one state away.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    msestak likes this.
  16. BowDeadly

WOPPEE, the check arrived today but not with out some persuasion.
    The ass-kicker is it was only for $30.00, I guess the 10 day shipping was $26.00, I guess I paid for the viewing of a stinky slipping cape..
    NEVER AGAIN
    With all that's been said I guess I'm lucky.

msestak likes this.
  17. trapper400

trapper400 Member

I quit using USPS as well. I had a properly labeled box a year ago sent to Seattle which ended up in Hawaii! needless to say it spoiled. Another to the west coast -- properly labeled, and got caught up in what they called a "LOOP" back and forth from LA to some other city 3 times - it spoiled. HOWEVER, my local post office - NOT the USPS main office- did right by me and paid my insured rate. That said I quit using them.
    Where I live, FedEx can not compete for some reason with UPS pricing they are always quite a bit more.

msestak likes this.
  18. old60furs

old60furs MO buyers license number is 2465. I need your #

Had a customer send me a MO through usps about 3-4 weeks ago. I think we are both out of over $1000 unless it turns up. NEVER use usps for important things. Christmas cards is it for me and I have to mail them around Turkey Day.

Johnnyclyde likes this.