1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Compressor Leaking Oil - Silentaire 20a

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by JD Lake, Jan 14, 2021.

1. JD Lake

JD Lake New Member

I have a new Silentaire Super Silent 20A compressor. I drain the pressure tank of air every day after using it. Yesterday, when I opened the valve to release the air, oil started to leak out with the air.

Anyone every have a similar occurrence? I haven't had a chance to pull it out and take a look at it yet. Just wondered what might be the issue.

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Sure have. I have to say I'm really disappointed in my Silentaire. (I have the next size up from the Silentair 20A). Mine spits out oil when the compressor kicks off after building up pressure in the area of the air filter. The water I discharge form the air filter has a little oil in it.

That said there doesn't seem to be any oil in the air line to the brushes (I have 8 hooked up to a manifold.) No issues painting.

At first I thought I put the oil in the wrong place, but I followed the directions (which were not very good). Silentaire did change where oil goes at some point, which makes it even more confusing.

What I also found annoying was the directions didn't say anywhere how much oil add. I know there is a bubble indictor but it took forever to fill.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021

3. I must say I couldn't be happier with mine! No pressure drops and always consistent. I've changed the oil every year and it went smoothly. The quiet operation is superb especially after having several ear shattering models previously!! Love mine!

4. JD Lake

JD Lake New Member

5. JD Lake

JD Lake New Member

Do you empty the air tank at the end of each painting session?

6. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

The air tank goes down on it's own once shut off.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  7. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Did your high limit get moved on pressure

8. JD Lake

JD Lake New Member

In the manual, they recommend draining the pressure tank daily so that's what I had been doing.

9. JD Lake

JD Lake New Member

I'm not sure what you mean by the high limit getting moved.