1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Life Size Bobcat Lessons

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by bigbrowns, Jan 27, 2021.

1. bigbrowns

bigbrowns New Member

Good Evening,

I'm a beginner taxidermist. I've mounted a few ducks and 4 game heads so far. I had amazing luck today and harvested my first Bobcat. I know I'm not ready to tackle this project myself. I would like to get specialized instruction on how to properly mount a life size predator from a master taxidermist.

Who would you recommend I contact?

Thanks,
    Adam Young
    Arizona

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

There are a lot of videos out there to accomplish your task , just google it . Or look for vids from your supply companies, most the time the guy that sculpted the form as a vid of how 2 mount .

pir^2h and bigbrowns like this.

3. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Videos are certainly valuable and recommended. If you can find a very accomplished cat person and can afford the cost go for it. Hands on ,to me, is the best way to learn. Just make sure the person is very qualified and is willing to spend time with you.
    Jim

bigbrowns and pir^2h like this.
  4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Brian Hendricks has some good ones along with his fox vids

bigbrowns and ARUsher like this.
  5. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Brian Hendrick's bobcat DVD only shows the mounting after you have a tanned skin using his easy face system. It's a good DVD and he points out a lot of little details that you may otherwise miss or not think about. Whether you use easy face or not I still recommend it. If you need instruction on the skinning process, WASCO has one with Jan VanHoesen (DVD268) showing you how.

bigbrowns likes this.
  6. ARUsher

ARUsher Well-Known Member

Brian Hendricks has a whole series on you tube that covers thawing and tanning through mounting.

bigbrowns likes this.
  7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Taxidermy Training Unlimited has a good video by Brian Harness that is really good. He also has a video on tanning the cat at Taxidermy Training Unlimited. McKenzie has a really good one with Jan Van Hoesen.

bigbrowns likes this.
  8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

wa, Glenn M and Tanglewood Taxidermy like this.