1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish Repairs

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by carollinacreations, Aug 22, 2007.

1. carollinacreations

carollinacreations New Member

??? What is the best way to repair a torn throat skin (the small piece of skin that attachs under the basses mouth) on a largemouth bass? A small hole once in a while here or there can be fixed with epoxy and then painted, but my concern is the throat skin, I know it can be done and that I am not the first one to tare one, and I know that someone out there has ran into this problem before.
    Thanks for anyones help.
    Carolina Creations Taxidermy
    Mike

2. Warren

Warren Member

NC
    I had one torn once and used a small diameter wire to bridge the gap between the skin and the mouth. Using this as support, I built up the area with apoxie sculpt and attached skin. Couldn't tell it once it was put together. Use reference.

3. I have done the same thing as warren it worked just fine. One hint would be to mix the apoxie sculpt with white paint this makes it much much easier to blend if there is not anough skin.

4. jkidd

jkidd New Member

I have done the same thing as Warren and it works great. But like he said, use reference when you rebuild it.