1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Crappies

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by WLELTD, Feb 8, 2021.

1. jake7719

jake7719 Well-Known Member

Nope.

Alexander likes this.
  2. jake7719

No, not ok.

3. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    By gosh Jake I think you may be coming around

Alexander likes this.
  4. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

So why make the statement for someone to mold someone else’s blank?

Alexander likes this.
  5. jake7719

1/2 sarcasm, having the need of 4 of the same, a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of nature. 1/2 reality, that casting a "replica" and making 3 "copies would cost even more then buying them.
    The statement of he could of under priced the job in the first place and now has to take a bath, because he left the fish out.
    Was going to clear up my statement but It got me thinking of if it was me, WWJD "what would Jake do" and was real with my self in that situation and under the right "WRONG" situation I would consider it.
    Thankfully I never lost a freezer or any stuff over all most 20 years and had to come up with 4 reproductions when I priced for 4 skin mounts. Do 4 wrongs make a right ? I know 4 right turns put you back in the same spot.
    Then some of the "folk" I like to mess with chimed in so I lit things run for a bit.
    Now with the TX black out, how many of them will be in a "CRAPPY" situation.
    The subject would be a good conversation in molding and casting and my be in business as a ethics and law subject line.

6. Alexander

Alexander Active Member

Jake, you should never ever compromise your morals for any reason. Compromising your morals is just like photo copying a copy of a picture. Eventually you can't see the picture. What im saying is once you compromise, where will you stop.

7. jake7719

Sorry for hijacking your post, hope you find what you need. Making 3 copies of a replica is not a good idea. It would cost you about the same and not an ethical practice in taxidermy.
    Side tracked by all my haters...DON'T DO IT.

Hope I don't get impeached for incitement of a "repro".

Got me thinking of all the milk crates I misused over the years. I'm a bad, bad, man.

Alexander likes this.
  8. jake7719

I think the fish thing is not a "morals" thing for me...ethics, yes. Now lowering your ethics could corrupt your morals.
    I was razed by a USMC DI, Roman Catholic, Army 2X and a Corpsmen in the Navy with the USMC, business owner, Coach and Referee. Morals, ethics and standards were more then "LIFE" it's self for me until I figured it out...all BS. I was the only one playing the game of life by the "BOOK".
    I'm more of a karma kind of person now and that has worked out for me vary well.
    I do get what your saying.

9. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

In reality, not everyone is capable of making a decent reproduction, even if it's cast from a good existing reproduction. Reproductions take time and money to make. Someone who is not set up to make repros is money ahead to purchase multiple copies of the same reproduction. I think the issue of copying an existing repro for use in one's own business is more ethical than legal. You have to struggle with what is right or wrong. If you are selling the copies, big trouble is in store for you.

10. crablover

crablover Well-Known Member

Jake, you need to learn how to spell. Your recommendations on many threads are pure BS. Someone with such high regard for morals and ethics sure doesn't show in your posts.

ARUsher likes this.