Hi all! It’s been a long while since I’ve posted here. Getting back into taxidermy after about a decade. Recently was gifted 3 wood ducks to practice on. This is my first attempt at a wood duck using the “good” bird of the lot. The other two are one that’s poor (pin feathered, shot off tail) and another that’s pretty nice for an early season bag. I struggled a lot on this mount, from fleshing to trying to get the feather patterns right. I don’t wire wheel, so all hand fleshing and defatting with curved tip scissors and wire brush. I also followed Nancy’s washing tutorial. I could not get the right side pocket to line up proper; tried pulling the skin forward and filling the side out a bit as I’ve seen suggested. I placed that side away from view after I got it as best I could. I’m not completely satisfied with the pose; something about it seems off but I’m not sure what. The feet I still need to paint. For the next attempt, I think I will detach to inject. Still need to go in and do more grooming once I remove the carding. Overall, I’m okay with the result. However, always looking to improve.