1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

King Salmon Replica

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by big J, Feb 13, 2021.

1. does anyone know who has a good King Salmon Replica 41 length by 24 girth, I usally get them from LCR but do not want to wait the 12 weeks behind, so looking for another supplier, got one from them and did not relize it had a hook jaw, looking for one without a kipe.

2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Try big river or 3D envision

3. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

4. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Dave campbells got a 40x24.5
    Dave at envision isn’t taking in any blank orders at the moment.

5. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
  6. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Fred has always been honest with me if it's a blank that needs a lot of extra work.

1fish2fish likes this.
  8. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Ive never been able to get LCR to even send me a pic of the mold.
    Far better blanks available on the market anyway. Yes they have a very large selection but many of the premiers have been so poorly reworked. This is the best LCR blank I ever used for a 35 in brown. Was a signature.
    8F9842F4-1886-47CC-A34A-5499B1EF517E.jpeg

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Mudbat. I believe Fred retired and they wanted him to come back which he did?

10. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

What was wrong with the blank? Torn anal fin?

11. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Nothing was wrong with it. Just had to do some re sculpting on the head to match the customers fish( lots on the top as the head didn’t fit the body for crap) and swap out a few fins. Out of the 20 or so blanks I’ve used from LCR this signature blank was by far the nicest. The torn vent fin was put in to match the torn vent fin the customers had.

12. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Gotcha. I was under the impression that you were showing it as a trash blank, but even so, one that was far better than the rest. I didn't see anything glaring compared to other big vendors, other than the fin. Cool paint.

I don't have a lot of experience with LCR, but I liked some of the fish heads and fin sets I purchased from them.

The two blanks I purchased met my expectations. But man were they heavy. I can't imagine what a Chinook weighs.

I think the LCR traditional line is unique for an old school look. They need some TLC, but can make for a fun project.

Blanks from the artists mentioned are all really nice. Depending on what OP wants / needs, I recommend any of them accordingly.