1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Niche In (existing) Taxidermy Mounts...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by MountsForSale.com, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Hi to you all! I am NOT a normal "taxidermist" as most of you would define one. I am in the sale and re-homing of taxidermy mounts that I have inherited and accumulated from several sources (including taxidermists in my area). I do minor repairs, cleaning and the like, but primarily am focused on getting mounts (old and new) into circulation where they can be appreciated whether that means at a private lodge or home, or in a business or commercial location. Not sure how to get my business exposure and connect with potential buyers for existing mounts. Do any of you have suggestions or ideas on how to go about building a business in that arena? I'd love to hear any input!

2. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Ebay - just make sure whatever you are trying to sell is legal to sell and any states you are planning to ship the mounts to it is legal to do so. Different states have different laws regarding the sale of taxidermy items. And NEVER sell any migratory birds. That is a violation of federal law and will land you into hot water fast. Good luck on your sales.

MountsForSale.com likes this.

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Know your laws inside and out firstly. Easy to get busted and suffer huge fines because you sent a mount to someone in a state where it is illegal to purchase one. They do not need to know the laws for their state .. you do!

Look in your area for any sort of company that professes to do interior decorating. Tell them you offer different sorts of taxidermy from vintage to eclectic. Unique pieces that can offer something different to a corner decor or a rooms focal point.

4. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

Ebay is getting bad for sellers... auction houses,antique shops,or start a website like txnet but for buying and selling only

5. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I don't sell on there, just buy, but just curious, why is eBay getting bad? What is going on with them?

6. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

they are making sellers provide bank acct for dirrect deposit of funds...no more going to paypal... AND sellers need to provide SSN so they can report payments to govt and 1099 you