1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trouble Viewing Ref Pics. What Am I Doing Wrong

Discussion in 'Fish Reference Photos' started by j.mik., Feb 24, 2021.

1. Hi everyone. long time no see. I spend most of my time here in the fish taxidermy forum, and of course the fantastic ref pic section. On many (most) of my selections, I'll be able to view one or two pics out of a group, with the rest (in front of- and behind) being just blank. I can read the captions and replies, though. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it either. In some selections I see a lot of pics...in others not so much. Like every other problem I have using a computer... it must be me. Anyone able to help with this? Thanks to all who post on here- with pics and great advice. John in Chicago.

2. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

Not doing anything wrong, I think 95% of these reference photo came thru
    shuttlerfly, which is either gone or in trouble with whatever. I complained about this before.
    Seems to powers to be of this site don't give a rats ass about keeping their reference site active for us to see. This may seem rash, but for all the crap on here, I would think the people being paid at the top of this thing would keep thing current.

3. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

There is a tremendous amount of time spent in managing this site. The sites creator, Ken Edwards, probably gets no compensation for his time, nor any of his moderators. There is a lot of outdated information that is no longer functional due to sites such as Photobucket. This was the only way a photo could be shown originally. Photobucket ceased to allow access to the photos unless a fee was paid by subscribers.

4. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

Maybe A moderator could remove those not working. Would site hire a taxidermist to refresh photos of fish? Some guys have access to photograph fish in tanks.