1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolf Mount In Wi

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by wideerguy9, Feb 27, 2021.

1. wideerguy9

wideerguy9 New Member

Recently harvested a wolf in WI, with the crazy season (4 days from applying to getting tag to start of hunt, 2.5 day hunt) there really wasn't much time to prepare and make a plan. So I got my wolf, and am in need of a taxidermist in WI. I've seen some done in the area and I don't want to stare at that forever. I was wondering if anyone has a lead for a good canine taxidermist, can travel pretty much anywhere in state. Thanks

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Get the number to the state taxidermy association and call the president of association, ask who does the best wolf in the state , they should be able to give name and number

3. wideerguy9

wideerguy9 New Member

That's for reply. Contacted them but they will not give a recommendation to show favor to any. I have check all the links on here for WI, most links don't work even. Very few have a wolf or many canine at all. I'll keep looking.

Randy Curtis likes this.
  4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

That’s pretty stupid on there part , they should at least give you a list of 4 and let you visit and make the decision. Look up Ashley Barrett out of PA , I’d ship it to him then go pick it up . You won’t be disappointed.

Lance.G likes this.
  5. wildwoodstaxidermy.biz Travis is world class, has done numerous dioramas for cabelas. has pics posted of wolves he has done. fifield, wi. 715 557 1608 i also know of a couple of other great taxis in northern wi as i have been doing skull cleaning for some of them the last 20 years.