1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Thousand Years...

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by joeym, Feb 28, 2021.

1. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

after the last newspaper is printed, some idiot will be buying vintage newspapers off eBay to wrap their fish in before freezing!!! I get soooo tired of freezer burned fish that are wrapped in newspaper and taped together with black electric tape!!!

JL, rogerswildlife and Wally Gator like this.
  2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    And not just a few layers inch thick
    Auugghh

joeym likes this.

3. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    I’ve wondered
    Do they think they are protecting from dents?
    I have many wrapped in towels
    And I don’t have this good of towel in my house

JL, rogerswildlife and joeym like this.
  4. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

thank all of those grandpas out there [ oh yah you wrap them in news paper]

5. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

It gives you something to read after you mount it but use a mirror lol
    Yep bad stuff

6. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Ya there is still some idiot out there telling people to wrap their fish that way. Might as well wrap them with sponges as it dries them out in no time. Good thing newspapers are about extinct.

7. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

My two favorites have been wrapped in nothing just salmon or steelhead put in a garbage bag and frozen. That’s awesome! Scale retention is super.
    All time favorite has been two dollys wrapped in a towel then vac sealed with a very high powered sealer. Both fish looked like tee shirts that you find in the bottom of the hamper once thawed out. Not fun!

8. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I recently took in a bass wrapped in newspaper. Customer said it had been it the freezer a while. The newspaper it was wrapped in was dated 17 years prior! I had to place a cinder block on it to keep it submerged for rehydration! Amazingly, it mounted beautifully!