1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coyotes

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by MikeDW, Feb 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. MikeDW

MikeDW Member

2 female coyotes. Salted and frozen. Average color. Average size. Suitable for full mount or a rug. $85 each plus shipping.
    Call or text 712.441.2326

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Not busting but educating , if salted they are not frozen , might be in freezer but not frozen . If your salting why put in freezer and it they are not fleshed completely why salt . It’s one or the other not both . Why do they put salt on the rd ? To keep it from freezing. If you don’t believe go get it out and I bet you can open it right up .

3. MikeDW

MikeDW Member

Sold.

4. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

salted skins can very well be stored in freezer.....

Flungonin likes this.
  5. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

6. 13 point

Y
    We all have opinions , and you know what they say about that . It will not freeze solid is what I said and that is 100% true

7. 13 point

8. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

That was specifically about salt on the road and had nothing to do with freezing a skin. Most taxidermist I know have their freezer set at the lowest setting. I do and one of mine registers in at -14 degrees and the other hangs near -9 degrees.

9. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

any part of a skin that doesnt absorb salt will freeze plus the fur side.....not so much “freezing solid” but lower temp will prevent decay, and bugs which can get into salted skins as we all know