1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking For Critique On Muskie

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rhianna Campbell, Mar 2, 2021.

1. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

I don't entirely agree, I don't know OP well enough to presume what won't help, but there doesn't seem to be much dialogue to build on. Best.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    I’m in total agreement with frank
    Where do you want to go in fish taxidermy?
    Take the advice given and build on it
    I’ve had a whole lots of brutal critiques over the last 30 years but that’s what I wanted, it improved my work 300%
    Let trash fish judge one for you, he is brutal but honest,
    And I’ve appreciated every one of these critiques
    Look at your reference photos
    Does the symmetry of the fish flow like your reference?
    Does your paint look anything like the reference?
    There you go

JL and Frank E. Kotula like this.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't realize who joe511 was. I was a little confused. Thanks for setting me straight.

Frank E. Kotula likes this.
  4. joe511s

joe511s Member

5. Clew

York, SC
    Dang
    A little personal issues joe?
    Someone asked for critique and frank assisted
    ?

Mudbat and Kerby Ross like this.
  6. Dennis Duffy

Dennis Duffy Well-Known Member

I don't think Joe believes his fish mount needed critiqued. I do commend him for helping this OP though. In all fairness he was not the one that posted on here asking for his work to be critiqued. The OP made the mistake when they gave out his name. Maybe he told them they could I don't know. Again, it is commendable that he is taking the time to try and help the OP. Now maybe he is being compensated for his time and if thats the case the work does need to be be questioned. And the OP should consider whether their money spent is a wise investment or not. And thats between the two of them I guess. But this site is awesome for the critiques one can receive on here and one should take them as a blessing of which to use to approve upon ones work. Just my opinion.

7. Clew

York, SC
    WTHeck
    Someone is reaching out for advice and allot of you are beating your chest
    I agree the mount needs lots of work, but the painter needs help
    Give it a break and offer constructive criticism
    Frank and others did just this and because you have issues with these guys,you bust their balls. we need to help those wanting to learn To keep this industry going

ARUsher, JL, Frank E. Kotula and 2 others like this.
  8. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Well that escalated quickly. Way to go Frank!hahahA

Frank E. Kotula likes this.
  9. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Haha what a fool but what do you expect from little people. it’s a shame he asked me for what’s wrong and can’t face that facts and the best he can do is try to insult a person whose trying to help a person out . If he didn’t want to know what was wrong with his fish he should’ve never asked.
    you need to look deep into yourself and see and understand how are you making this person into being a taxidermist .
    JEALOUSY WILL GET YOU KNOW WHERE IN LIFE.
    Next time don’t ask or have her post here to hear the truth! If I was so wrong in my critique you be man enough and prove not just me but what we all seen. Oh have fun enjoy your life but you need to look in a mirror first!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    AFTHUNT and Clew like this.
  10. Frank E. Kotula

Read the thread he did personally ask me what’s wrong. Lol he got his answer.

Clew likes this.
  11. Dennis Duffy

Dennis Duffy Well-Known Member

Yeah I see that now and you took the time to explain it in detail of which helped me learn some things as well!!

12. Frank E. Kotula

Thanks yes and tried to do it so others could understand

13. Harum

Harum Active Member

When I read Joe’s post I read it more as a challenge of sorts because the thread quickly went negative on his mount. That is why I added a post attempting to help the OP so that the thread would move back towards helping her and not down the path of tearing apart the mount. I’ve never been comfortable with the pile on mentality that happens when a mount that has issues is posted. Most definitely uncomfortable when this happens and the person that created the mount wasn’t the one to post the picture. A person should keep in mind that there is always somebody better than you that could easily tear down what you may think is the best out there.

It’s unfortunate that this thread went the way it did. We all need to start someplace and I think it’s pretty cool that Joe is willing to help an individual that’s new to this field.

-Pete

Beltonbanger and 1fish2fish like this.
  14. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

"Without dialogue there is no communication, and without communication there can be no true education"

15. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

Rhianna posted 25 days ago and with all that was said not one response back from her! I will say I'm not a fish god and never want to be one (no offence ) but you guys and gals are way too anal for me lol. I do a good commercial fish, customers love them so that is all that matters. I will admit my first fish would be the laughing stock of this thread, you all would think it is a new species of fish. The thing is i was brought up to take constructive criticism and learn from it and move on. Also if you were coming on here to hear your fish was awesome you were here for all the wrong reasons. There was a lot of good answers for you on here you just need to open up and listen to them. My input on your fish is the same as a lot of people have already said the quality of the mount will always take away from the paint job or add to it. Just my 2 cents painting fish is the hardest thing to do until you learn how the paints work and what paint does what to the finish product. In my opinion fish GODS are awesome and you can see it in there mount, and yes you had some respond to your post and you have nothing to say.:(

I know this is not your fault you were brought up this way, in the real world however, not everyone gets a 1st place ribbon and This is why state asso's are loosing memberships!!!
    Kids now a days can't handle the facts about there mount quality, just because friends and family say it is awesome doesn't really mean it is awesome. I'm telling you that if you were to go to a state show with an open mind you will learn a lot and you will probably meet someone there that will teach you a lot, it has definitely worked for me and a lot of my friends!
    Good luck There is a lot of knowledge out there to be learned go get it!!!:)

Mudbat and 1fish2fish like this.