1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Artificial Water Turning Yellow

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by Ed, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Ed

Ed Member

How do you turn yellowing artificial water clear again? Thanks Ed

2. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

bust it out and repour it

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Try using a better product called crystal clear from smooth on products . It’ll never turn yellow as it’s not a resin but a plastic. Using resin and a bit to much hardner causes to much heat in which creates yellow water. You have to be careful working with resins.
    Ps there’s no fix for this it’s Piss

creepers, Trapper2016 and Mudbat like this.
  4. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

Hi Frank, I am going to try some of the Crystal Clear myself soon and will be making a water scene with a walnut hollow base. Do you suggest any tricks for getting the Crystal Clear to bond firmly with the base?

I know that when i have used polytranspar water with their bases I have to scuff up the bottom and sides and typicaly even attach a small staple/screw around the perimeter of the inner cavity to give the artificial water something to "cling to" (probably no the best word use to describe it). I figure I will probably treat the Crystal Clear the same way but wasn't sure if their are any tricks or keys to working with it.

Thanks
    Chris

creepers likes this.