1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

One More Month Until Turkey Time

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Dave York, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

Ill be headed for the Yucatán for Ocellated turkeys and Great Currasow 4F556663-A041-4BDC-A420-DE9AB6988DEC.jpeg 07392BCE-2BE8-40A2-B785-3D6F0C93B9B5.png

2. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

bring me a condor if you get an extra

3. Dave York

California or Andean?

socalmountainman likes this.
  4. GotHonks

GotHonks Well-Known Member

Cool bird , not what I'd consider a game bird but what do I know , Those OC Turkey's have cool colors but they're heads are fugly .... Looking forward to hunting Turkeys ....and probably a few bonus Hogs but as far as Mounting Turkeys ... Nope , not one of my favorite things to do .. I'll mount them for people I know and myself other than that I don't take them from just anyone ...

5. killitandfillit

killitandfillit Member

Just sitting here watching Jim Shockey hunting both of these birds. Looks like a very beautiful place to hunt. And a good place to see all sorts of critters . Good luck I hope you knock them down. Please be sure to post some pictures as I do consider them to be a very cool game bird and even cooler adventure. You are blessed

6. byrdman

would fund your trip for a chacalaca

7. Dave York

Just an FYI. 5CA16DC6-C479-4551-B0F2-99744DBB3E84.png

Rausch and MRN like this.
  8. killitandfillit

killitandfillit Member

I tell you what. I’ll go down their for you and shoot to your hearts content if you offering to fund the trip. Lol. That would be one expensive bird. Or at least a opportunity at a bird. I assume their is no Guarantee on the hunt

9. Dave York

The guarantee is I’m taking a steamer trunk down with holes drilled in it and find someone that wants to do my taxidermy.

10. killitandfillit

killitandfillit Member

T
    Their you go brydman may not get one for yourself but you can possibly get one for photo album. That would count for something right.

11. byrdman

just shove my food in a different hole than I poop thru

bucksnort10 likes this.
  12. byrdman

still serious about a chacalaca

13. GotHonks

GotHonks Well-Known Member

Killed a couple Rios , few weeks back and can take one more . Although I got one that was 23lbs the beard was only 9" so I'm still trying to get a trophy Tom to mount for myself . . I do not enjoy mounting Turkey's basically because they're so big and are a lot of work and I guess like anything the more of them you work on the better you get ... so I've got 4 to do coming up not counting mine ... I Like to have my taxidermy all done by end of May and this year I doubt that will be the case ...

Wildthings likes this.
  14. Crittrstuffr

Crittrstuffr Active Member

Michigan's season opened last Saturday. My son Jacob (12.5 yrs old) and I doubled up by 9:30 am. Mine was 23lbs 2ozs 1 1/4" spurs 12" beard and his was 22lbs 14ozs 10" beard 1" spurs. Had three long beards beating the heck out of my decoy at 15 yds. A day I'll never forget!

15. Dave York

Tho
    se freakin things are like a flock of Maggie’s in the morning.
    Screaming in different trees all over.
    Byrdman they cost $200. To shoot they are shipped back to the US skinned and salted. Not sure what that costs?
    1-530-409-4641. Text me if you are serious.

16. Dave York