1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Passenger Pigeon

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Julie Johnson, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Julie Johnson

Julie Johnson New Member

Trying to help my sister sell a Passenger Pigeon. She works in the medical field and is very busy, so I'm managing it for her. Although it's not in my hands, my understanding is that it's in good condition. It hasn't been climate controlled but shows no sign of shedding. One of the eye's did pop out so needs a new one. It was briefly evaluated by a biologist in her home in Duluth. If you would like to see pictures and discuss further please email me at [email protected] or text me at 704-449-4642. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  2. Manchester collector

Manchester collector New Member

Hi Julie
    I’m interested in the passenger pigeon! Can you send me more pictures please?
    Miles

3. Jerred

Jerred Member

Ohio
    The last known passenger Pigeon died in September 1st 1914 at the Cincinnati Zoo,Hope the taxidermist did a great job in preserving it, as it is part of History when the skys would block out the sun from the huge flocks flying over head.Could be a great exhibit item from my point of view as a scientist.What kind of price are you seeking?

4. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

have seen them sold for 2,000 up to 20,000.....but sell it quick...the japanese are doing un-extinction cloning to bring them back