1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cleaned Skulls Wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by e101011, Mar 24, 2021.

1. e101011

e101011 Member

earth
    Pretty much open to anything that I don't already have, which is only a small fraction of all extant species on earth. I have about 150 different species in my collection, but I've sort of hit a proverbial wall in terms of the typical avenues of purchase. Looking to upgrade some lower-quality common specimens in my collection also.

Domestic, exotic, invasive, mammal, fish, reptile, bird, whatever. I have a specific 'want list' but a lot of them are pipe dreams, and I don't want to limit myself to that.

Definitely only looking for cleaned specimens; I don't have the outdoor space, nor the time, to do the preparation myself.

Shipping is generally preferred, but I'm able to pick up large specimens as needed through central-northern Virginia or eastern Pennsylvania. Or anywhere in Maryland, theoretically.

Send a list of what you've got and if the selection and prices are right I'm definitely in the market! Payments done however you typically do them.

2. Alex zeez

Alex zeez Member

I’ve got a moose almost done getting cleaned, got a gunshot wound that’s been fixed up in the back of the skull. Also currently just started cleaning a paddlefish skull if you’re interested and if it’s legal to buy in your state.

3. e101011

e101011 Member

earth
    Are the antlers intact on the moose? If so, I may be interested.
    Already have a nice paddlefish, so I’ll pass on that one, but let me know about the moose.

4. Alex zeez

Alex zeez Member

It’s a cow moose unfortunately, probably should’ve included that, haha.

5. I have an ostrich skull for $60 and a tanuki skull for $45 coming in April. I can send pictures when I get them if you’re interested.
    I don’t have any ready this minute but I get dog/puppy skulls in every once and a while. Mostly Pomeranian and occasionally English Bulldog. I actually have a raw 6 week old Pomeranian skull in my freezer. I can 100% guarantee the breed as I get them from registered breeders when a pup unfortunately passes away. If you're interested I can let you know whenever I get them cleaned.

6. e101011

e101011 Member

earth
    Thank you, but I have a bull moose now, albeit without the antlers. Looking to upgrade that to one with, then pass my old one on to someone I know that does etsy art-and-craft stuff. She takes all of my D-grade extras.

I’m all set with an ostrich and tanuki, but I may be interested in the dogs. Currently I have an adult domestic dog and a puppy, but no idea what breeds they are, but they’re larger. Always open to things that are morphologically different.

7. e101011

e101011 Member

earth
    *bump*

Still looking... mostly for fish, reptiles, birds, primates, big cats, and anything uncommon.

Thanks!

8. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

Have a BC - X large grizzly skull - 25"BC score
    $750 for it..