1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rooster Body ... Help

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RichMO, Mar 30, 2021.

1. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Some time ago I saw were somebody either had a rooster body or one they substituted. Does anyone have what to use?? ... I can modify it once I get the body out of the bird. I prefer not to wrap one .... This was a big Rhode Island Red Rooster..

2. I'd wrap one, but if you dont want to do that, carve your own from foam board purchased at home cheapo.

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I'm not very good at wrappings bodies, I prefer to trace and carve.

4. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

sage grouse?

5. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Don’t do many roosters but would think a pheasant body would work.

6. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Rich, Tony Finazzo makes rooster and chicken bodies and they are available through McKenzie, TASCO (Dan Rinehart) or through his own website: finazducks.com
    He has won awards with his Rooster mounts and his Rooster heads are amazing!
    roosters.jpg

7. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

I was hoping to talk to him about his heads and body... I understand he has Covid? I got a Rhode Island Red for free (doing this for myself. His one head is just like the one I got. But as ususal I thought about casting it myself... This would be I'm sure a huge learning curve. Using 300 for the initial cast then Dragon Skin.

8. Connie Mack Moran

Connie Mack Moran New Member

Texas
    Rich; i just talked to him yesterday. He did have Covid, an spent the last 7-8 weeks in the hospital, but he over came it. thanks the Lord. Tasco supply has his bodies.

9. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Thats good.... Glad he pulled thru. would like to call him and talk about the heads on roosters.... I have a Rhode Island Red in the freezer.

Thanks Rich