1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Poly Urethane Out Of Stock??????

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by bluedog, Apr 13, 2021.

1. bluedog

bluedog Member

2. bluedog

bluedog Member

Just read a website that says the Texas power outage is to blame for lack of casting resins. No supply of raw materials.

3. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Good way to jack up prices by saying/creating a shortage!

4. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

It was projected a while back that resin prices were going to increase 100%

5. Just got some in the other day from Van Dykes

6. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

Have you priced plywood lately?
    Even OSB junk is expensive.

7. donkeyman

donkeyman Member

from what I have read most of the factories that make the foam are in texas and they either froze or lost power for days or both - which ruined all the product and the factory workings which if they can get going again will cost millions in repairs and lost product - as you already have seen this will lessen the availability of forms and foam product and increase the cost as well all down the line - add in the increased cost of wood and metal products as well as higher shipping we may all want to adjust our prices up to reflect the new world we now live in.

pir^2h likes this.
  8. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

The news says it is because of the new construction boom going on making wood products in short supply. Supply and demand. The real problem will be once the demand is over, will the price go back down? Probably not!

9. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

I paid $54. For a sheet of sanded exterior 19/32” plywood.
    You have to bring a calculator to figure out how thick the stuff is. I know a lot of stuff is from Canada especially OSB. I WANTED 1/2” not.59, .53 or .46 CC4D04AE-EE75-4A90-A6C2-A0B7351CD2E0.jpeg

10. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

just bring your tape measure dummy......

bluedog likes this.
  11. bluedog

bluedog Member

Just talked to my daughters fiancé he has been down in Texas welding busted pipes back that froze in some of these resin factories. Guess it is not good to lose power when it gets that cold out!!!