1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Foam

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by drwalleye, Apr 27, 2021.

1. drwalleye

drwalleye Member

Ive been gone a while so maybe ive missed the discussion, How is the foam shortage going to affect us taxidermists? Any thoughts or fears or will this be short lived?

2. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

My (Joey M ) supplier told me deer mannikins will go up at least $5.00 in the near future due to plywood costs increases. I was told that the foam cost has not changed much...yet.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Foam is supposed to go up 30% from what I heard from a reliable source. They also said it's getting hard to get.
    Richard C

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

When I get supplies from VanDyke's and Joe Coombs, which had no foam products days before McKenzie, which was all foam products, and all ordered within minutes of each other, you know something is up. They usually get from McKenzie to me in 4 days or less. I just received an artificial turkey head from Research and it took the customary next day. When I ordered foam products, bird forms, from them it was about a week. They called and left a message saying that foam products are back logged.

4. gobbler71

gobbler71 Member

My main WT form supplier has not had a shortage, but an increase in price. I was just there this past weekend and they had two full systems ready for Monday morning pours. Between the foam price and plywood increase they will be raising form prices by $10 effective today.

5. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I have a guy in my congregation who is a regional sales rep for foam insulation company (spray foam for construction). He says price is soaring and supply is way behind. They are losing major customers for not being able to get product in time. I didn’t even think of it affecting the taxidermy industry, but it is bound to.

6. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

We were going to do an addition and create a bigger shop for me when I retire. This construction materials cost thing is crazy. We decided to wait and see if they will drop like the analysts say it will at some point. Did not think about Taxi stuff.